- Jan 2, 2008
I haven't seen or heard of a holiday RAOK for us coachies...anyone interested? Or are those not happening anymore?
RAOK = Random Acts of Kindnesswhat is it?
yeah for sure the price range can be lowered, above was just an example of the previous years..I'm sure everyone would want to agree on an amountWoah! This sounds AWESOME! I'd LOVE to do something like that. Though it'd be a bit nicer if we could lower the price range; I have a lot of Christmas presents to buy this year hehehe
well, it would depend on what everyone wants to do for a limit....i was just asking about it cuz RAOK'S use to be done a lot but they have seemed to disappear...if $40 was the limit for example, one gift being sent out would probably make sense, but if the limit was more than $50 then I'm sure two gifts sent out before the deadline would work out better, but I know some ppl would rather send out one gift rather than two gifts, it just all depends on personal preference and what everyone can afford....i was just throwing this out there though, maybe just a winter one would be better? Like have one in january to ring in the new year or something?How many gifts do you send? I couldn't find that part.
RAOK = Random Acts of Kindness
Someone gets you, and you get someone, and you exchange gifts... no one says who they have until after the reveals
Here is a set of "rules" that have been on previous RAOKS:
1. All applicants will be fully reviewed before acceptance.
2. There is a 400 minimum number of posts and 4 month minimum with the forum to participate or if you have participated in a previous RAOK before and fulfilled you duties.
Administrators will be looking for the following:
a. # of posts in Coach forum to show you are an active Coach participant
b. frequency of posting (do you disappear for weeks at a time, or are you posting regularly)
c. previous history participating in Coach RAOK's (did you forget a gift, send them late, not post pictures, not respond to PM's, etc.)
d. content of posts (1000 congrats does not equal participation in RAOK)
e. MUST have posted a picture on tPF within previous month (so we can verify you do know how to post photos, etc.)
3. You are required to post photos of each and every gift received. If your buddy decorates outside of the box, please take photos of packaging. Descriptions of gifts will no longer suffice. Pictures should be posted within 72 hours of receipt.
4. Proof of mailing is required for gifts. This can occur several ways:
a. in the USA you can send priority mail and purchase delivery confirmation. You can also send regular mail and purchase delivery confirmation.
b. In Canada, you can mail parcels and get delivery confirmation for free (according to their website). For letters (i.e. if you were mailing only a gift card) you can send it registered mail and receive a tracking number.
c. If mailing to US or Canada from USA or Canada...the customs form number is considered proof.
d. If mailing in Europe to same country: Some form of tracking is required.
e. If mailing to another country in Europe, customs form number/receipt number will suffice.
f. If sending someone something through the Internet (i.e. gift certificates, magazine subscriptions), please forward the confirmation email to me (minus any CC info, etc.)
5. As a suggestion of a price limit, ~$75-$100 is appropriate for this round. For this round you may do one package or you may split up your gifts into separate packages. The price point does not include shipping fees.You may go over but that is your choice. Homemade and thoughtful gifts are appreciated. Wouldn't you love a can of fresh-baked chocolate-chip cookies?
6. No vacationers. If you will be away from home for more than 1 week per month...don't sign up. Gifts have to be mailed and reveals posted in a timely manner as described above, and vacation plans may interfere.
7. If you are purchasing something from eBay for your buddy, please make sure personally that it is in a suitable condition to be sent out as a gift.
8. Administrator can remove someone from the RAOK for not following above rules.
9. An ANGEL system will be in place for missing gifts/unresponsive buddy, etc. If a buddy is unresponsive, each RAOK member will contribute $75/x (number of members) for gift.