Coach has lost one of it's fans...mom passed away on sat

rdelrigo

Feb 9, 2010
Mom and I were so close we were best friends. I got her stuck on coach and we loved going to the fp store and outlets together. She loved pce! She was only 58 and passed on Saturday morning dec 31. It was not peaceful. F cancer. I hate cancer, god, and life right now. I just don't have the will to live anymore. I spent every night the past month sleeping with her in a nursing home. I am so ready to be done,

honey I am sorry for your lost. You will get stronger - I have been where you are, my dad passed of cancer and it was the hardest thing. I was 30 and the first time I had ever experienced death. It toook me a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg time to get stronger but it is possible - when I go home to see mom it is still a lil hard for me -

I will be thinking of you and you still have us COACHIES!!!!

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I too lost my Mom to cancer. I know it can be very hard and it's ok to feel what you are feeling. No one can tell you how to grieve.

I wish you lots of hugs and comfort.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your loss, losing a parent is very difficult. I lost my father 23 years ago, and he was just 58. It took a long time to heal, but I know that he is watching over me every day, and he is is always with me in thoughts and prayers. You will heal in time. Your mother would not want you to feel this way, she would want you to have a happy and healthy life, you were such a good child to help her threw her roughest time in life, and be with her everyday. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Oh, I am sooo sorry to hear this. <<BIG hugs!!>> My dad passed away when I was 22 to a massive heart attack. He was 47. It's not easy but it DOES get better!! I promise!! Just hang in there through this rough time and you will come out of this an even stronger person than what you were before. Experiencing the loss of my dad gave me courage to do things I was afraid to do before. I just figured that what can be worse than what I have already been through?

In the mean time....turn to people that have been through this or are going through this with you. And thankfully she is no longer in pain. You were able to be with her to the end and that is something that a lot of people don't get to experience--true blessing there! Your days will soon get easier--I promise!

rdelrigo, so sorry to hear about your Mom. :hugs:
I understand how terrible you're feeling right now, but your Mom wouldn't want you to be angry. She's in a better place now, where she's happy and not in pain anymore. I think it's great that you were able to spend so much time with her before she passed, and I know she appreciated all that you did for her.

i am so very sorry. I lost both my parents to cancer and with my mom, it almost destroyed me. Be kind to yourself right now and take care of yourself. Sending you strength and peace in the coming weeks.

I also lost my mom from breast to bone cancer when I was 24 - she was 67. I was really resentful that our relationship had finally gotten to a place where she was my best friend and I never really had much time with her. I too was angry, depressed and lonely and questioned everything about life. I also lost my dad to disease when I was 12 and he was 57. Trust me - you will get through it even though you may feel like you don't want to.

I sought out counseling at the prodding of my sister and it really helped. You need to talk and talk and talk - but to the right people - people who love you and I'm sure there are lots.

But it's OK to be where you are right now. Plain and simple - it sucks. If you need some time to feel like crap and be angry and sad and ticked off with the world that's OK - it's part of mourning process and you have to go through it.

There are lots of sites talking about the grieving process that may help.

If you want to PM me to chat please do. I've had a lot of experience with loss at a young age - I know where you are at right now.

But I guarantee you will get through this and be a stronger person - which is exactly what your dear mom wants for her precious daughter.

Bless your heart, I am so sorry for your loss. It's so hard you lose your mother, especially at such a young age. I know how your feel (both of my parents have passed away). The pain does finally begin to ebb and it finally comes to a point where you start to remember the good times you had with your parents and family. It's not an easy pill to swallow but the pain does lessen with time. Again, God bless and take care of yourself, granny

I'm so sorry, I know none of us has the right words. I do know many of us have been where you are and can offer you the strength of knowledge that it does get better. It does. The pain never completely goes away, but the ability to cope with it does.

When I buried my mom next to my dad and I had a 2yr old and 1yr old I thought WHAT am I going to do- I need my mom... And I do need her, but somehow we manage...somehow after some of the grief subsided I found that other people needed ME and that was what I held onto when I felt really alone.

Seek those people who need you, seek their comfort and advice. Hold onto their love and know that time heals- there will be scars but the wound heals, I promise. Hang in there, we're all thinking of you.

I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers to you. There are many ladies here who have posted about their own dealings with the awful disease, cancer. I hope their advice and friendship can help you.