coach hardware replacements

akrishnan1234

Apr 9, 2020
hi! was wondering if any of your know how to get coach hardware replaced on a vintage bag? And for anyone that has done it, wondering how much it cost?

i was thinking to replace the turn lock. I am not sure what this is. i thought tried rubbing it off and tried nail polish remover but it wont budge whatever it is. When it run my fingers over it feels uneven.

any help appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_9919.jpg
    IMG_9919.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 97
Looks like the protective coating is coming off the brass. I use Wenol metal polish and extra fine steel wool to take off coating that looks like that. It'll look good as new after a good polishing! I think the newer vintage bags have that coating on the brass.

hi! was wondering if any of your know how to get coach hardware replaced on a vintage bag? And for anyone that has done it, wondering how much it cost?

i was thinking to replace the turn lock. I am not sure what this is. i thought tried rubbing it off and tried nail polish remover but it wont budge whatever it is. When it run my fingers over it feels uneven.

any help appreciated thank you!

You don't need to replace it, you can polish it and the green gunk is verdigris so you need to address that also. Post the pics in the Rehab and Rescue Club on this forum to learn about rehabbing and ask questions, see link below.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/

Looks like the protective coating is coming off the brass. I use Wenol metal polish and extra fine steel wool to take off coating that looks like that. It'll look good as new after a good polishing! I think the newer vintage bags have that coating on the brass.
thank you sooo much! i used steel wool and it works amazingly well! its like new again!