Coach Handbags Finally over 1K *LONG*

I totally agree with Oh Donna; my taste in bags (and budget) are coming full circle. I started with Coach, then went to LV, then became a major Balenciaga addict with a bit of Prada and Chloe thrown in. As much as I love Balenciaga, they do not wear well IMO (yes, they are super light, but what is the point if they are beaten up in a few months?); like a Coach bag. I am tired of wearing a B-bag City once and seeing scuffs on the piping, where as with my first Coach (from 1996), it is still perfect.

9966_MAH_t.jpg
My first Coach bag ever! Except in black.

Now I did indulge in the Miranda just because I love Bordaux and the bowling shape. I think Coach leather is lovely and I especially like the new details on the more expensive bags. However, I just wish there was some way they could decrease the weight. It is a killer.

^^Dooney and Bourke is really all that's left in that lower price range. I agree that the price point is jumping too much and I'm concerned that our core customer group is going to be excluded should prices continue to go up.

Dooney did have a $4K croc bag - it was 1/2 price recently. I guess no one bought them.

I hope Coach doesn't completely abandon the market that made them!

I have to agree with Oh Donna and Becca4277 about coming full circle. I started with COACH and dabbled in LV for a while, and now I'm back with COACH. In terms of price increases--for me, I have my price point. My thinking is not so much, "If I'm going to spend $1000 on a bag, it's not going to be a COACH." Rather, it's more of, "If I'm going to spend $1000 on a bag, it better be good." I don't usually have $1000 handy to drop on a bag so if I do have the cash, it better be a bag I'm going to be very happy with regardless of designer. My price point is much lower than $1000, but it's a nice event when I can splurge every now and then.

I have to agree with Oh Donna and Becca4277 about coming full circle. I started with COACH and dabbled in LV for a while, and now I'm back with COACH. In terms of price increases--for me, I have my price point. My thinking is not so much, "If I'm going to spend $1000 on a bag, it's not going to be a COACH." Rather, it's more of, "If I'm going to spend $1000 on a bag, it better be good." I don't usually have $1000 handy to drop on a bag so if I do have the cash, it better be a bag I'm going to be very happy with regardless of designer. My price point is much lower than $1000, but it's a nice event when I can splurge every now and then.
I am in agreement with this, as well. I never really strayed too far from Coach (I dabbled with some Kate Spade and Marc Jacobs bags) but I quickly realized that Coach bags were what I truly prefer. And, if I like a bag enough, regardless of the brand, I would spend any amount if I liked it enough. My price point is quite a bit lower than $1000, as well, but it's not brand dependent.