Coach goes to the movies....

Gingerone

O.G.
Apr 15, 2013
Not sure anyone has broached this - but since I have been acquiring and carrying vintage Coach bags, I keep spotting them in films that I have seen loads of times... but somehow missed. And a few new films. Have you?

I'll start:
Ghostbusters 2, opening scene - Sigourney Weaver is carrying a city bag
Baby Boom - Diane Keaton has I believe a fold over top coach bag near the beginning of film - the name escapes me
Take Care - Leslie Bibb's character has a mahogany city bag in the ending scene. (small film, slow to start but worth it. On Netflix)

Not sure anyone has broached this - but since I have been acquiring and carrying vintage Coach bags, I keep spotting them in films that I have seen loads of times... but somehow missed. And a few new films. Have you?

I'll start:
Baby Boom - Diane Keaton has I believe a fold over top coach bag near the beginning of film - the name escapes me
Take Care - Leslie Bibb's character has a mahogany city bag in the ending scene. (small film, slow to start but worth it. On Netflix)

I'll bite. I have been thinking about this since you posted lol.
I do remember that in "The Fugitive" Julianne Moore had a small role as an Emergency Room doctor. As she is leaving after her shift, Tommy Lee Jones stops to question her regarding seeing Harrison Fords' character. She is carrying a brown or black brief bag on her shoulder. I remember seeing this on cable and at the time thought that her bag, if not a Coach, was a similar style. I only remember lol because at that time I was looking to buy one and had spent a few afternoons in a local department store looking at them. I even tried to find a clip on youTube but it doesn't show the bag. Side note, I ended up by a chocolate brown Laura USA brief bag for $150 instead and wore it out. Way before my current vintage rehab days.
Another side note: I still remember from all the coverage that the *******/Lewinsky episode got is that his secretary was walking in and out of buildings with a black Willis. Just don't ask me who any of his cabinet members were.

I'll start:
Found it: Nottingham! I am pretty sure Diane Keaton's character carries a brown Nottingham coach bag.

Reactions: Suzanne B.
@Lake Effect - Between me, my sister and my brother we had soooo many of the little fellow sets. Garage, barn, school, airport - and the one my mom could never give away after we were grown - Sesame Street :biggrin: They were such great toys. My mom hunted garage sales for even older wooden sets for us.

Reactions: VintageViv
I'll bite. I have been thinking about this since you posted lol.
I do remember that in "The Fugitive" Julianne Moore had a small role as an Emergency Room doctor. As she is leaving after her shift, Tommy Lee Jones stops to question her regarding seeing Harrison Fords' character. She is carrying a brown or black brief bag on her shoulder. I remember seeing this on cable and at the time thought that her bag, if not a Coach, was a similar style. I only remember lol because at that time I was looking to buy one and had spent a few afternoons in a local department store looking at them. I even tried to find a clip on youTube but it doesn't show the bag. Side note, I ended up by a chocolate brown Laura USA brief bag for $150 instead and wore it out. Way before my current vintage rehab days.
Another side note: I still remember from all the coverage that the *******/Lewinsky episode got is that his secretary was walking in and out of buildings with a black Willis. Just don't ask me who any of his cabinet members were.
Guess what was on last night? Yep, Julianne Moore was carrying a very nice coach briefcasy bag in british tan, with toggle type strap. Which I now sort of want....

Reactions: Suzanne B.