Coach Girls, HELP! Pink patent ergo satchel or large turquoise Carly

Tokidoki Lover

has her 1st speedy!
Jan 8, 2007
I love them BOTH but I don't know which one to choose! Im planning on making my first big coach purchase on either of these bags but I'm torn.

Carly- pros: super cute and great for work since I always have to carry a binder, love the blatant "I'm carrying a coach" look with the siggies and the turquoise is right up my alley. cons: feels a little heavy even with nothing in it, and I have a love/hate relationship with one strap bags (hard to get in/out of)

Ergo- pros: LOVE LOVE LOVE the color (pink is my thing) and kiss lock closure compartment, amazing style and seems very lightweight. cons: seems a bit wooooh with the bright color, not sure if I can pull it off with all my outfits, cant carry as much as Carly and 100.00 more than Carly (but i mean, come on what's another 100.00 when your already dropping 400.00

Can you guys help? Is one way more sought after than another? would either of them ever end up in an outlet? (I am super new to Coach) but I can't wait to hear what you gals have to say!

thanks! :tup::love:

omg I vote pink patent ergo satchel BUT if you need to carry all that stuff every day then it might not be the best? I MUCH prefer the pink to the khaki of the carly though!

I have other bags for work so the carly would be my work bag and the pink patent ergo would be my everyday fun i gotta have it bag. do you think one would sell out before the other? I know they have the med turquoise carlys at macys but i want the large size.

cant I just have my cake and eat it too? :smile:

I personally prefer the Carly, but the satchel is cute, too!

Have you tried them both on in person? Just wondering because a few people have liked the pleated Ergo in photos, but when they actually get to touch it, they're not so crazy about it.

I love the turquoise carly...seen and tried the medium IRL...though it doesnt fit me right lol ..never saw the pink ergo IRL but it sounds cute!! If you must pick one, I guess pick one that will match your most of your clothes or one you will use the most :biggrin:

i vote for the satchel. I sold my Carly cause it was soo heavy even when i don't have that much inside. I got the black pleated ergo satchel and love it. it's not heavy at all.

I think you should buy the one you love, and I kind of read from your post that (excluding the weight issue) the Carly might be better for you just in terms of price, your wardrobe, and that you lilke the signature stuff.

However, if I have to vote here, I would say pink patent ergo all the way! Of course I have not seen the patent in person, so I might change my mind if I did so. This is a blind recommendation on my part! I know some people don't like it IRL.

But my issue is in my area every other person carries a signature Carly (both fake and real), so I personally wouldn't want that. I'm also not a signature fan in general. I would be all over a Carly in a new leather color though!

I will always choose a leather bag over a signature bag. I have a burnt orange pleated satchel and I really really REALLY love this bag!!! I also have several Carlys in leather and love those too, but right now the pleated satchel has my :heart:.

I love both pink and turquoise but I think I'll have to vote for the turquoise carly. It's still very classic looking with a bit of a twist with the bright colour

My vote is for the pink ergo satchel... it gives a pop of color and it doesn't "scream" coach... I LOVE the carly its one of my favorite bags, BUT since you like pink so much, I think this bag will fit your needs, plus its very lightweight... one of the lightest bags I've owned... Good Luck deciding!:tup: