coach factory?

Oct 13, 2013
read an interesting article in our local paper ( sacramento bee) yesterday....stated that nowadays all factory store items are made for the factory...no boutique or full price items sold.

does anyone know whether this is true of coach and dooney outlets?

was under the impression that coach, at least, still included some boutique items amidst the "made for factory" "c" marked stuff.

tia

We heard this rumor quite a while ago, but so far it hasn't come true. I think what Coach might be planning to do eventually is to sell all deletes on FOS rather than sending them to factory stores. I've heard that Coach has been experimenting with selling FP items at some factory stores without a discount. Coach has also upped the quality of their factory items somewhat and has been styling them to mirror somewhat what is available in FP. They have been producing them in similar colors and making factory versions of previous FP bags that are almost identical to the originals.

I was in a Dooney outlet in November and they had bags that looked like FP.

Maybe the journalist didn't do enough research or made some sweeping generalizations across brands.

The last time I went to a Coach outlet in Williamsburg, about 4 weeks ago, there were very few FP deletes. I initially thought there was a full wall of them, but when I walked back I realized it was current FP items they were selling at FP prices. I did ask one of the clerks about so few deletes, and she said the staff picks through them before the are put out for sale...not sure if she was really supposed to admit that or not.

I went to a Dooney outlet also. They did have mostly MFF, but there were several of those FP Florentine leather satchels (which I wish I had gone ahead and picked up a red one). I want to say those were selling for maybe $298, but I could be wrong.

The last time I went to a Coach outlet in Williamsburg, about 4 weeks ago, there were very few FP deletes. I initially thought there was a full wall of them, but when I walked back I realized it was current FP items they were selling at FP prices. I did ask one of the clerks about so few deletes, and she said the staff picks through them before the are put out for sale...not sure if she was really supposed to admit that or not.

I went to a Dooney outlet also. They did have mostly MFF, but there were several of those FP Florentine leather satchels (which I wish I had gone ahead and picked up a red one). I want to say those were selling for maybe $298, but I could be wrong.

I think you are mistaken regarding the Dooney outlet. I'd say about 98% of the merchandise in the Dooney outlet is FP items. Maybe they were older styles that you were not familiar with.

I am in Sacramento also, and read the same article! I thought the reporter simply didn't do enough research. Delete, MFF, it all gets complicated. Not to mention Coach math! They could do a whole series on Coach math!

Was at my outlet today and not one FP delete to be had

On other note there was an FBI agent talking to the staff about cc fraud that happened at that store...

I was in 2 factory outlets this week and both had beautiful deletes. I will be posting my new bags in just a bit. One is a beautiful delete and one is a mff, which I really liked.

I think you are mistaken regarding the Dooney outlet. I'd say about 98% of the merchandise in the Dooney outlet is FP items. Maybe they were older styles that you were not familiar with.
Yes, the Dooney outlet in Williamsburg is wonderful, almost all FP items that are great prices. So far I have found the Coach outlet to have nothing worth going for, but I admit I have only looked twice.

The last time I was at an outlet, they were pretty short on deletes. I wouldn't be surprised to find outlets that are almost all MFF items.
I went to my outlet last weekend and they had so many deletes they couldn't fit them all on the shelves. They had more in the back. And my outlet usually doesn't get many deletes.