Coach Factory Online Sale Discussion Thread

Will do! Still waiting on ombre and hologram straps to ship. Seems to be taking forever.
Ok I had to try it with the ombre strap after you gave the idea and it looks really cool. Then I went down the rabbit hole trying all the different straps and I'm excited to say that a lot of the straps work with cerise! Now if I could only get better at wrapping a scarf around the handle...

Ok I had to try it with the ombre strap after you gave the idea and it looks really cool. Then I went down the rabbit hole trying all the different straps and I'm excited to say that a lot of the straps work with cerise! Now if I could only get better at wrapping a scarf around the handle...
Yes, I was so surprised how well a lot of my straps match it. I have at least 10 that I love on it so far. Same with the scarf, I think I need to watch a few youtube videos lol

Everyone got their Coach x Disney Box Crossbody today and selling it online for 300+ lmao. I think that's hilarious. Maybe I should join in on the fun lol. But how successful is that, I wonder?

I used to do this, to be honest. But, I did it because I had the urge to buy something, so this was how I could feed my shopping addiction/get my dopamine rush without actually spending money. (Which, I would argue, is the motivation of many online sellers) :smile: Profits were super low. Nothing ever sold for list price. On places like Poshmark and Mercari, people make offers much lower than the list price. I guess if I had been willing to wait a year+ to sell things, I could've maybe gotten my list price for them. But, definitely not worth it.

Also, since the online outlet has basically become a public website, it's impossible to do the flip anymore. You can literally Google the name of a bag and it'll show up in the Google shopping results for 1/4 the price of a reseller.

I used to do this, to be honest. But, I did it because I had the urge to buy something, so this was how I could feed my shopping addiction/get my dopamine rush without actually spending money. (Which, I would argue, is the motivation of many online sellers) :smile: Profits were super low. Nothing ever sold for list price. On places like Poshmark and Mercari, people make offers much lower than the list price. I guess if I had been willing to wait a year+ to sell things, I could've maybe gotten my list price for them. But, definitely not worth it.

Also, since the online outlet has basically become a public website, it's impossible to do the flip anymore. You can literally Google the name of a bag and it'll show up in the Google shopping results for 1/4 the price of a reseller.

You just described this process to a “T”! I tried this in the past month with my outlet scores that I decided not to keep and I was too nervous to wait the long game on them and lose out on my 30 day return window. I ended up making like $5 on one bag and returning the rest. Some ppl are successful in probably getting a $30-$50 profit but it’s a gamble that I’m not willing to take right now. I too did this to feed my purse addiction lol and hoping it would help me to pay for another bag but it didn’t. My best sales were my preloved bags. Ppl are looking for a deal and I don’t blame them! I am ashamed to admit that I just paid $300 for a quilted Parker top handle in black with brass hardware. I saw it on the outlet website for $198 recently but the only reason I caved was bc that specific bag rarely ever shows up on there and if it does it’s like 1 in someone’s shopping cart that I can’t get to and then sells out.

You just described this process to a “T”! I tried this in the past month with my outlet scores that I decided not to keep and I was too nervous to wait the long game on them and lose out on my 30 day return window. I ended up making like $5 on one bag and returning the rest. Some ppl are successful in probably getting a $30-$50 profit but it’s a gamble that I’m not willing to take right now. I too did this to feed my purse addiction lol and hoping it would help me to pay for another bag but it didn’t. My best sales were my preloved bags. Ppl are looking for a deal and I don’t blame them! I am ashamed to admit that I just paid $300 for a quilted Parker top handle in black with brass hardware. I saw it on the outlet website for $198 recently but the only reason I caved was bc that specific bag rarely ever shows up on there and if it does it’s like 1 in someone’s shopping cart that I can’t get to and then sells out.
It's not worth the risk to resell for a small profit. I'd rather return and not have to worry about a chargeback.

I was exactly thinking this way too, as I saw this exactly through the patterns on online reselling. No one buys anything for double the price. Buyers always want a good deal and they are not easily fooled. And just like @J9MKlover said, the profit is literally $30-50, which is not worth it at all in my opinion. Again, I definitely saw this profit pattern on Mercari, Ebay, and Poshmark. Thank you two for explaining this though :smile::biggrin: I find reselling to be very annoying with the insane prices and I'd hate to do this to anyone else.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
I was exactly thinking this way too, as I saw this exactly through the patterns on online reselling. No one buys anything for double the price. Buyers always want a good deal and they are not easily fooled. And just like @J9MKlover said, the profit is literally $30-50, which is not worth it at all in my opinion. Again, I definitely saw this profit pattern on Mercari, Ebay, and Poshmark. Thank you two for explaining this though :smile::biggrin: I find reselling to be very annoying with the insane prices and I'd hate to do this to anyone else.
Exactly! I can understand if the outlet sold a bag for $200 and then you sell it to someone for $250. They are still getting a great deal and there is no guarantee that they would’ve been able to snatch it from the outlet site in order to secure the $200 price but....Mercari, Poshmark, or EBay will basically take that $50. When I bought my Parker for $300, the seller probably made $70 at most which is great for them but it’s still not a gamble to necessarily take. (They also had the bag listed for $350!). I’m just a sucker for that bag ugh!

A damaged Parker backpack I just returned is likely going up on the outlet site today. The pewter hardware was scratched on the turn lock and it came with no wrapping or dust bag. Tag wasn’t attached... prob a return so just an FYI bag lovers! I would feel badly if someone else received that. I also returned a chalk Callie quilted foldover yesterday by mail. It had what looked to be a blue pen mark on it... also arrived unwrapped. That probably won’t hit the website for at least 2 weeks though.

• Sad
Reactions: americandreaming
On the topic of resellers, I do think a lot of them do make a huge profit, which is exactly why they charge so much for their hard to find items. Some sell quickly, and some take a while, but many of those sellers do eventually sell at the high rate, which is why they do it. I don't personally have the patience for it, but I am impressed with their ability to not give in and just sell the item at a lower price. lol. I know I have spent too much on some items, but I get tired of looking for items on my list and sometimes just give in and pay the price, and forget about it. The bargains are hard to find sometimes--it is a matter of looking at the right site at the right time.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys