Coach experts, help needed about an older keyring/charm

Hello, I'm the seller. Just thought I'd give a little insight on this issue.

1. I purchased from another seller on ebay that represented this as a Coach item. It did not say "authentic" or "genuine", but it was represented as Coach. Ebay can verify my purchase of this item from my other ebay account. I did let the buyer know this.

2. I copied the listing verbatim when I put this up for auction, and honestly thought I was listing a Coach item.

3. The buyer messaged me stating that I had already sold another item like this to her. I have not. This is my first "seller's account" and I have only been active since October. Ebay can confirm this, and I communicated that to her. She then commenced to threaten me, and was generally rude until I told her that I was absolutely fine to let ebay sort it out. If she had approached me in a normal fashion, she would have found that I was happy to issue the refund all along, and I communicated that to her as well. Long before she sent me the link to this thread, I might add. I will be happy to post her messages here, and my responses to her, if need be.

4. I notice that she neglected to tell you that I am fine with refunding her money, but I would like the item back, as I DID pay for it (to the tune of $38 when initially purchased). When I receive the item back, I will refund her winning bid money ($53.99 + the $7.50 she paid for shipping and handling).

You ladies are quick to assume all sellers that make mistakes are evil, or intentionally out to scam. You couldn't be more wrong in this case, and furthermore, I will NOT be re-listing this item. I respectfully bid you all a happy holiday.

One other thing, I requested that she get signature confirmation and item tracking on returning the item to me, also well before she sent me the link to this thread.
Hi Stephie,

Thank you for posting here. I'll respond to your comments one by one.

1. Whether someone else represented the item as "Coach" or not isn't your buyer's problem. You need to take that up with the seller from whom you purchased.

And as I commented earlier, it's a seller's responsibility to confirm authenticity of any item before she lists it. I always recommend that unless you are expert, for any item that you didn't personally purchase from a legitimate retailer (such as Coach itself, Dillards, Macys, etc.) it's a good idea to have it authenticated.

If as a seller, you cannot get 100% assurance that an item is authentic, it cannot be listed AT ALL. (Some fakes are "better" than others and it's often tough to make an authenticity call. In those cases, the items can't be listed or sold.)

I recommend you go back to your seller and try to get a refund. Again, your buyer isn't responsible for your mistaken purchase.

Here is the counterfeit policy: Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

And the authenticity disclaimer policy: Authenticity disclaimers

2. Copying another seller's listing is also a violation of ebay policy unless you have permission from that seller to use her work.

Here's the policy of image/text theft: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

3. I don't know what you perceived as "threats," but if she implied reporting you for having sold a fake, that's completely legitimate because that's precisely what you did.

4. I think she's probably reluctant to return the item without feeling comfortable that you will refund. Additionally, she shouldn't even have to pay return shipping for a fake. (If I were you, I'd tell her to dispose of the fake and refund her full payment. Why should either of you waste money on return shipping when you can't resell it anyway?)

We certainly don't assume that all sellers are purposely out to rip off buyers but when a seller makes a mistake (even if an honest mistake that wouldn't have happened if the seller had her item authenticated), if that seller doesn't try to make it right for the buyer and instead gives all kinds of excuses why she's right and the buyer is wrong, that doesn't sit right with us.

1. I purchased from another seller on ebay that represented this as a Coach item. It did not say "authentic" or "genuine", but it was represented as Coach. Ebay can verify my purchase of this item from my other ebay account. I did let the buyer know this.
Is the listing from which you purchased still viewable? I'd love to see it.

Stephie,

You would owe your buyer a full refund from the original transaction plus you should find out the return postage, etc and send her paypal money for return postage. Or just take her word that she destroyed it.

Fake key fobs are a major, major problem on ebay. Both for buyers and sellers.

I wonder if they would be able to tell me about another item. I was considering buying this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370332357700&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Is that real, and is the price too much, or about right?
That keychain is authentic.

As for price, a "reasonable" price is what a willing buyer will pay for an item. Often, discontinued, popular and hard-to-find items sell for more than their original retail prices.

In the future, please post authenticity questions here and use the format requested in the first post of the thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470.html#post14912099

Hi Stephie,

Thank you for posting here. I'll respond to your comments one by one.

1. Whether someone else represented the item as "Coach" or not isn't your buyer's problem. You need to take that up with the seller from whom you purchased.

And as I commented earlier, it's a seller's responsibility to confirm authenticity of any item before she lists it. I always recommend that unless you are expert, for any item that you didn't personally purchase from a legitimate retailer (such as Coach itself, Dillards, Macys, etc.) it's a good idea to have it authenticated.

If as a seller, you cannot get 100% assurance that an item is authentic, it cannot be listed AT ALL. (Some fakes are "better" than others and it's often tough to make an authenticity call. In those cases, the items can't be listed or sold.)

I recommend you go back to your seller and try to get a refund. Again, your buyer isn't responsible for your mistaken purchase.

Here is the counterfeit policy: Replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies policy

And the authenticity disclaimer policy: Authenticity disclaimers

2. Copying another seller's listing is also a violation of ebay policy unless you have permission from that seller to use her work.

Here's the policy of image/text theft: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

3. I don't know what you perceived as "threats," but if she implied reporting you for having sold a fake, that's completely legitimate because that's precisely what you did.

4. I think she's probably reluctant to return the item without feeling comfortable that you will refund. Additionally, she shouldn't even have to pay return shipping for a fake. (If I were you, I'd tell her to dispose of the fake and refund her full payment. Why should either of you waste money on return shipping when you can't resell it anyway?)

We certainly don't assume that all sellers are purposely out to rip off buyers but when a seller makes a mistake (even if an honest mistake that wouldn't have happened if the seller had her item authenticated), if that seller doesn't try to make it right for the buyer and instead gives all kinds of excuses why she's right and the buyer is wrong, that doesn't sit right with us.

I didn't give her any excuse as to why she was wrong. I told her the details of the transaction I had, and also told her I was happy to let ebay sort it out. I also told her that I was happy to refund her. By making threats, she stated that I was selling these things to her and others (Have no idea where that came from as my selling history is plainly listed) and that another buyer bought from me then rescinded their bid (again, have no idea where that came from) and stated that I intentionally set out to defraud her. I did not. Was an honest mistake, and I will also be happy to refund her RETURN shipping as well. I want the item back because I paid $38 for it. Now you might sneeze at such a small sum, but I don't, and I will use the keychain myself, since I paid for it. If that doesn't sit right with you, I'm very sorry. I will be having my items authenticated in the future, as I am very new to this. I will NOT be re-listing the item. I also don't know how I would get a refund from the original seller as I purchased the item TWO YEARS AGO. It's a hard lesson learned, and a mistake I won't make again.

That keychain is authentic.

As for price, a "reasonable" price is what a willing buyer will pay for an item. Often, discontinued, popular and hard-to-find items sell for more than their original retail prices.

In the future, please post authenticity questions here and use the format requested in the first post of the thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470.html#post14912099

Apologies for not asking in the appropriate place.

I didn't give her any excuse as to why she was wrong. I told her the details of the transaction I had, and also told her I was happy to let ebay sort it out. I also told her that I was happy to refund her. By making threats, she stated that I was selling these things to her and others (Have no idea where that came from as my selling history is plainly listed) and that another buyer bought from me then rescinded their bid (again, have no idea where that came from) and stated that I intentionally set out to defraud her. I did not. Was an honest mistake, and I will also be happy to refund her RETURN shipping as well. I want the item back because I paid $38 for it. Now you might sneeze at such a small sum, but I don't, and I will use the keychain myself, since I paid for it. If that doesn't sit right with you, I'm very sorry. I will be having my items authenticated in the future, as I am very new to this. I will NOT be re-listing the item. I also don't know how I would get a refund from the original seller as I purchased the item TWO YEARS AGO. It's a hard lesson learned, and a mistake I won't make again.
If you learn from the mistake and don't repeat it, this embarrassment will have been worthwhile.

Also, you might want to research other ebay policies, including shill bidding.
Apologies for not asking in the appropriate place.
No problem.

If you learn from the mistake and don't repeat it, this embarrassment will have been worthwhile.

Also, you might want to research other ebay policies, including shill bidding.

No problem.

What's a shill bid?

Oh this has been a very valuable learning experience. Costly too. I didn't realize there were so many fakes out there, and I certainly didn't know they made fake boxes. Christ, that's hardcore.

Group hug..... Thanks again coachies, you saved the day again. When I receive my refund I think I will just buy my kids some stocking stuffers. Seems much safer to me after today.

Group hug..... Thanks again coachies, you saved the day again. When I receive my refund I think I will just buy my kids some stocking stuffers. Seems much safer to me after today.

Just provide me with the return estimate, and I will refund that as well. I'll also send this to you on ebay so it can be tracked.

A shill bid is when someone purposely drives up the bidding intentionally. This can be someone the seller knows or just some loser with nothing better to do.