Coach experts, help needed about an older keyring/charm

Have you already paid for it? Contact the seller and tell her that you don't want to complete the transaction since you found out it's fake. If you've already paid, tell her you want a full refund.

How do I go about reporting it

Hi,
I have bought on Ebay only once and had no problems. I would check the Ebay thread on TPF. Also, check Ebay itself. They must have a link about how to file to get your money back. Did you use Paypal? I think they may have something on there too!
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

She already shipped it bunt haven't received it yet.
Ugh! I saw that she already left positive feedback for you so I realized that it was paid for.

If she's an honest seller, she should just tell you to destroy and dispose of the fake and issue a full refund. If she wants it back, she should pay the return shipping and you will need to have delivery confirmation so you'll know she received it.

Hopefully this was an "honest" mistake and she won't relist. In looking at her bidding history, it appears she buys for resale but unless and until she authenticates these items, she's risking her reputation and ebay account.

It's a seller's responsibility to authenticate their items before listing, something she didn't do.

Ok I'll keep y'all updated, this is disappointing as dh thought he was doing something nice for me. I've wanted this fob a while now. Lesson learned, this is the first item purchased by us that is fake :sad:

I just referred her to this thread he said she purchased it on eBay 2 years ago and said her listing never claimed it to be authentic.
Arrrggh!

When will sellers read ebay's policies? It doesn't matter if she describes it as authentic or if she omits "authentic" from the listing.

In fact, even if she described it as fake or if she claimed not to know whether it's authentic or not, it DOES NOT matter!

Ebay's policy and the law are clear. If an item is marked or labeled with a brand, it MUST be that brand or it cannot be listed. And if the seller doesn't know whether it's authentic or not, they can't list it until they have it authenticated and are 100% certain of authenticity.

Period! Your seller is FOS and IMO, has earned a neg feedback as well as a ding on her account which will happen when you file your SNAD dispute.

If she's buying for resale, she'd darned well better learn about what to look for in authentic keychains and bags or she will find her ebay account restricted (at best) or NARU (at worst).

Sorry. I get carried away when these sellers twist their lies around and blame others for their own misdeeds.

Last edited:
Ugh! I saw that she already left positive feedback for you so I realized that it was paid for.

If she's an honest seller, she should just tell you to destroy and dispose of the fake and issue a full refund. If she wants it back, she should pay the return shipping and you will need to have delivery confirmation so you'll know she received it.

Hopefully this was an "honest" mistake and she won't relist. In looking at her bidding history, it appears she buys for resale but unless and until she authenticates these items, she's risking her reputation and ebay account.

It's a seller's responsibility to authenticate their items before listing, something she didn't do.

Hello, I'm the seller. Just thought I'd give a little insight on this issue.

1. I purchased from another seller on ebay that represented this as a Coach item. It did not say "authentic" or "genuine", but it was represented as Coach. Ebay can verify my purchase of this item from my other ebay account. I did let the buyer know this.

2. I copied the listing verbatim when I put this up for auction, and honestly thought I was listing a Coach item.

3. The buyer messaged me stating that I had already sold another item like this to her. I have not. This is my first "seller's account" and I have only been active since October. Ebay can confirm this, and I communicated that to her. She then commenced to threaten me, and was generally rude until I told her that I was absolutely fine to let ebay sort it out. If she had approached me in a normal fashion, she would have found that I was happy to issue the refund all along, and I communicated that to her as well. Long before she sent me the link to this thread, I might add. I will be happy to post her messages here, and my responses to her, if need be.

4. I notice that she neglected to tell you that I am fine with refunding her money, but I would like the item back, as I DID pay for it (to the tune of $38 when initially purchased). When I receive the item back, I will refund her winning bid money ($53.99 + the $7.50 she paid for shipping and handling).

You ladies are quick to assume all sellers that make mistakes are evil, or intentionally out to scam. You couldn't be more wrong in this case, and furthermore, I will NOT be re-listing this item. I respectfully bid you all a happy holiday.

I will be getting my money back for a counterfeited item and that is what matters. Next time hopefully both will be wiser and do better research so it never happens again.

I will be getting my money back for a counterfeited item and that is what matters. Next time hopefully both will be wiser and do better research so it never happens again.

Indeed. Thanks for leading me to this forum, though. It's definitely an eye opener. Some of the threads here are almost comedic, most are informative and others are downright catty. I'll definitely be coming here when I need to research or just need a pick me up on a bad day.