Coach experts, help needed about an older keyring/charm

jlbanks

National Champs
Dec 17, 2008
Hey coachies, it's been a while since I posted on here but I need your help. I just purchased a keyfob on eBay that was nwot. My question is, was it supposed to come with a clip? It is the old brass or bronze heart lock and key charm. It has the keyring but I didn't see a clip. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to have one, and if it did, then it must not be new. I can't post a link since I'm on my iPhone. Thanks in advance.

It doesn't sound like one that should come with a clip, but we would need to see a picture. Also, when you say clip, are you referring to a dogleash type clip or the oddly shaped rectangular looking one? NWOT can mean an older style that wasn't used. There isn't enough info to give you a proper answer

Sorry, I don't think the keychain you bought is authentic. The font on the hangtag is wrong. The box is definitely fake. I would post the auction in the Authenticate This thread to get confirmation from the keychain experts.

Ok so it should have the dogleash clip. Contact the seller and tell them that it is not what it should be. Look at listing to say if it says missing anything. If it says NWOT and is missing that clip, then it is SNAD and you can file on it

HI,
Is this what your Key chain looks like?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRONZE-Lock-Hea...829?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c17c1eec5

(Not my Auction)

Can you contact the seller and ask? Otherwise, maybe call Coach customer service and see if they can help you.

Good Luck!

Lynne :biggrin:

Yes except mine does not have the dogleash clip. So my question is, did that seller add that o theirs or did I buy one which the seller took it off or purchased it that way and listed nwot

It looks authentic to me, but you may want to double check. The box is not authentic and many sellers of fake keychains (Coach) put that stupid little white box with them. The item is missing the dogleash clip for sure so contact the seller and ask to return it if you are bothered by it or work out a discount, etc.

This can also be taken to the eBay forum here

Yes except mine does not have the dogleash clip. So my question is, did that seller add that o theirs or did I buy one which the seller took it off or purchased it that way and listed nwot

I am not too familiar with key fobs but looking at the picture from Ebay, I would say the dog leash clip should have been included. I would definitely contact the seller and ask why yours doesn't have one.

Lynne :biggrin:

I don't believe it to be fake, I will definitely be able to tell once it arrives to me but yes I can try and post on the other thread and see what they say.

That one is authentic.

Sorry, I don't think the keychain you bought is authentic. The font on the hangtag is wrong. The box is definitely fake. I would post the auction in the Authenticate This thread to get confirmation from the keychain experts.

Style 92167 is supposed to have a clip attached to the keyring. And as Starry commented, the font on the hangtag is wrong. And the 2-pc. box is fake.

92167.jpg