Coach Evolution?!

MsAmie

Gotta have them all!
O.G.
Jan 15, 2008
Now I don't know if this true for the average Coach lover or not but it is true for me...when I first started out with loving Coach, I only liked signature bags! I thought leather bags were "boring" and "old" looking. But now as my life change--from college student to college graduate--I find myself LOVING Coach leather pieces, specifically the classic Legacy leather line. When I look at signature bags now, I think they are too "busy" and find myself thinking, "428$ for signature? I'd rather buy a leather bag for that price!" To be fair, I still think some signature pieces are beautiful, like the new large signature Zoe in aubergine.

So...I wonder...is this the Coach evolution? :confused1: So tell me ladies, how many of you are like me, did you start out liking signature pieces and then "graduated" to leather? Or did you always like leather? How many of you have a varied collection of both leather and signature pieces?

Well, I ventured into Coach back in the 80s, when it was solely leather.
Then, had a long hiatus from Coach.
2007 --> Siggy drew my attention
2008 --> Leather bags, siggy accessories!
So, I guess you could say I've come full circle!

I've been buying Coach for over 20 years, and with a few exceptions, I've always bought leather. Ive owned a signature bag or two over the years, but recently sold any that I still had and my collection is completely leather now. I think the sig is cute, approprite in the warmer weather, but its just not for me.

I've been buying Coach for over 20 years, and with a few exceptions, I've always bought leather. Ive owned a signature bag or two over the years, but recently sold any that I still had and my collection is completely leather now. I think the sig is cute, approprite in the warmer weather, but its just not for me.

I love your collection, all of the leather is luscious and I love the varied colors! :drool:

I've never owned a siggy bag. I only have leather bags and I am 24 years old. I just didn't want to draw attention to myself with all the Cs.
You know, for a while, I thought it had to do with age...because a lot of younger people tend to like signature---maybe my perception on this is because when I was younger I liked signature bags. But then again, it's not as if I am old, I am 23! :P But still I think it does have a little to do with age AND personal preferences.

I have always preferred Leather, then the easy-2-clean nylon type, followed by owning only one suede bag.
The only signature items I have are accessories, not actual bags.

I have been looking for a juniper leigh or shoulder bag and having NO luck on the bay, I guess I missed my boat on that one! :sad:

Really? I got mine on ebay, after I stupidly returned the entire Juniper set that my husband got me for Christmas last year, thinking I wouldnt use that color too often.:noggin:. Duh! The only good part is I wound up paying alot less that he did, but I was minus the matching wristlet!!

I still LOVE signature... but mmmmm... leather is so dreamy!

I guess I could say that I have gained much more appreciation for leather, and I think that at first we WANT people to know that we bought Coach, but then we seem to change and appreciate the subtle fraternity between other Coach leather carriers. lol that is just my silly perspective!

I always loved the leather - when sig came out a bought a patchwork swing pack and everyone complimented me on. All summer I have been carrying a white 2006 Legacy Hippie (looks like an Ali with a long strap) and no one even notices it or probably even knows its a Coach (unless they are a Coach gal like us) and I love it -