Coach ergo hobo question/comparison

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone. A couple of months ago I looked at the large coach ergo pebbled leather at my local coach store and found it too heavy for me ( Ihave a bad/severe back-shoulder injury). I got the signature large ergo hobo which I love and find very lightweight. My question is this-I see on ebay some black smooth leather large ergo hobos, I believe from last season, and I wonder if the smooth or regular leather is significantly lighter than the pebbled leather or is it about the same? Thanks for all help in advance!

2. Oh, and also I forgot to ask, is the patent leather any lighter than the other leathers?

3. I think the burnished leather from '07 is lighter. I have the large patent ones and they are the lightest IMO.

4. I don't know about pebbled leather but I have the large (or is it XL, it's huge) smooth black leather belted ergo hobo and it is not heavy at all! It is really light weight. I love it.

5. Thank you for the replies so far. Now, not to be a pain but can I ask one more question on the subject. Are ALL the leathers including patent, pebbled, smooth etc. significantly heavier than the signature fabric? I can't find the ergo hobos in the coach store near me anymore to "try them on" so I would be considering buying one on ebay, that is why I need your opinions. Thanks again for any replies!

6. I actually think my Patent hobo is lighter than my Signature one. I have 4. One burnished.. one sig.. a two patent.. and a medium patent that is going up for sale.

When my DD wakes up from her nap I will compare for you.

7. Taralindsey, did you get a chance to compare? I am desperate for your opinion. Thanks and sorry to be a pain!

8. I have shoulder issues too. I found the patent to be the lightest then the signature then smooth leather and finally the pebbled leather. I hope that helps.

9. Yes, thank you! Now I'm on the hunt for a large black patent leather hobo on ebay!

10. I was trying on a bunch of Ergos at Bloomies last weekend and the patent was definately the lightest - they are very lightweight.