Coach design changes

mandyfin

O.G.
Mar 24, 2006
I have always loved my Coach bags but lately I am having trouble finding a new one. I spoke to a SA at the store yesterday and she told me that the new designers are changing things dramatically. No more patent leather. Mostly double shoulder straps. I had bought a Scout but returned it because the strap was too short for my arm and the double straps always fall off my shoulders.
A couple of questions: do you know if it is true that they are not doing patent anymore?
Can someone suggest a shoulder bag with a longer drop?

They definitely are 'trying new things' whether that means no patent? i don't know... spring shows a lot of appliques and glove tanned leathers.

Have you tried the Edie? it's a nice bag, also the new Nomad...

I was just going to suggest the Nomad, it is a one strap and it is on the wider side too. Love that bag!

Patent is not really the trend right now, so that could be why you aren't seeing it. I know I am not seeing it from other designers either. I currently have two patent bags and I plan on keeping them until they die.

I know that the company had a lot of problems with their patent bags, a lot of them were cracking and not holding up, which isn't uncommon for patent in general, but I'm assuming that's why they really don't use it anymore.

I think they've stopped using patent altogether. I think they've put cross-grain leather into play because it's cheaper to produce, but adds a lot of durability for bad weather without the potential problems of patent. Just my opinion.
There certainly have been A LOT of changes implemented in the last couple of years. Some I'm not thrilled about, but other changes have been not too terrible.
Maybe the Nomad or the Dufflette would work for you? ( I don't know if the Dufflette's strap can be doubled for strictly shoulder wear. ) I think there is also an Edie with one strap, but I'm not sure. I am not an Edie fan, so I haven't really looked at them close enough to know for sure.

I have always loved my Coach bags but lately I am having trouble finding a new one. I spoke to a SA at the store yesterday and she told me that the new designers are changing things dramatically. No more patent leather. Mostly double shoulder straps. I had bought a Scout but returned it because the strap was too short for my arm and the double straps always fall off my shoulders.
A couple of questions: do you know if it is true that they are not doing patent anymore?
Can someone suggest a shoulder bag with a longer drop?
:smile: I was looking for a patent bag recently for a friends gift and also purchased one for myself. I almost always buy Coach but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I looked at some Dooney and Bourke bags on sale at I love Dooney. I got the zip zip, and purchased the Lexington shopper for my friends xmas gift.
Here is a link (I entered patent in the search bar)
http://www.ilovedooney.com/search?q=patent

:smile: I was looking for a patent bag recently for a friends gift and also purchased one for myself. I almost always buy Coach but couldn't find what I was looking for, so I looked at some Dooney and Bourke bags on sale at I love Dooney. I got the zip zip, and purchased the Lexington shopper for my friends xmas gift.
Here is a link (I entered patent in the search bar)
http://www.ilovedooney.com/search?q=patent

D&B have some lovely patent bags!