Coach CS vs. Coach Boutique

PeacePurse

Purse Freak
Dec 1, 2012
So, one of our fellow tPFers gave me a PCE...

I have been relentlessly searching for the Rory Colorblock in black/multi and haven't been able to find one.

I call Coach Customer Service and the lady said they had a few (low stock) but would love for me to place the order...I give her my code on the email & she said "I'm sorry, we can't honor that b/c it comes from our marketing firm we hire so I won't be able to apply this to that order."

Defeated, I cancel it, then & decided to call my local store... she sold their only one yesterday, but looked it up in the system and told me that a store in neighboring South Carolina has one in stock...

I call that location and spoke with the MOST wonderful Customer Service person, who not only went to look to make sure it's perfect, but took the 25% off code AND waived shipping to have it sent to me 2 day express mail!!

OUTSTANDING local Customer Service...Not soo much corporate customer service.

Anyway, by Wednesday, I'll be the proud owner of a gorgeous bag like this one... And then, I'm on "purse restriction.":graucho:

http://www.catacolle.net/images/201208290100.jpg

I have been relentlessly searching for the Rory Colorblock in black/multi and haven't been able to find one.

I call Coach Customer Service and the lady said they had a few (low stock) but would love for me to place the order...I give her my code on the email & she said "I'm sorry, we can't honor that b/c it comes from our marketing firm we hire so I won't be able to apply this to that order."

Defeated, I cancel it, then & decided to call my local store... she sold their only one yesterday, but looked it up in the system and told me that a store in neighboring South Carolina has one in stock...

I call that location and spoke with the MOST wonderful Customer Service person, who not only went to look to make sure it's perfect, but took the 25% off code AND waived shipping to have it sent to me 2 day express mail!!

Anyway, by Wednesday, I'll be the proud owner of a gorgeous bag like this one... And then, I'm on "purse restriction.":graucho:

Glad it worked out for you! and good luck with your "purse restriction":P - I can't even pretend to try!

Glad you got what you wanted! I've had similar experiences with the CS people on the phone. They never seem happy or pleasant about anything. The SAs in the stores are always super helpful though.

Glad you got what you wanted! I've had similar experiences with the CS people on the phone. They never seem happy or pleasant about anything. The SAs in the stores are always super helpful though.

I just had that experience with a CS person yesterday. It was like I was interrupting her in the middle of dinner, plus she didn't even give me the information I needed.

I called my local FP store (Sherway Gardens) and they were able to help locate the purse I wanted, even though it was a busy day for them...really those ladies are the best!:biggrin:

First - congrats on getting your rory! I have that one and I love it. I haven't carried anything else since I got it. I just called CS and was on the hunt for the anna sui dragonfly and I guess I missed that boat! But I also was on the look for a couple of fobs which the very nice CS person helped me locate plus I ordered one of the new candace carryalls with the new zipper and feet in cognac. I so want something in COLOR but I tend to coming back to the neutrals!! Anyway - good CS is just the luck of the draw I think.

First - congrats on getting your rory! I have that one and I love it. I haven't carried anything else since I got it. I just called CS and was on the hunt for the anna sui dragonfly and I guess I missed that boat! But I also was on the look for a couple of fobs which the very nice CS person helped me locate plus I ordered one of the new candace carryalls with the new zipper and feet in cognac. I so want something in COLOR but I tend to coming back to the neutrals!! Anyway - good CS is just the luck of the draw I think.

I just saw the dragonfly duffle on display in NYC at the Mad./57th st. store on Thursday. Could you call and have it ordered? It was in pristine shape, I picked it up and looked at it.

I just saw the dragonfly duffle on display in NYC at the Mad./57th st. store on Thursday. Could you call and have it ordered? It was in pristine shape, I picked it up and looked at it.

I agree. Call your local store and have them do a search. Mine does it all the time. I was just able to score the large emerald legacy wristlet and that was supposedly sold out too. I got it to go with the Dragonfly duffle which I just bought a few weeks ago. Don't give up if you really want. I bet there's some still out there!

Please try and understand that people working different systems (phone, store, live chat) do NOT all have the same abilities and cannot always accommodate all things. A store can more than likely punch in a discount for you, a phone rep is not always able to, and a chat rep is never able to. Trust me they do NOT want to upset a customer, but when they seriously have no ability to do anything about it, try not to be mad ok?

Last edited:

I just saw the dragon fly duffle today in Fresno, Ca. It wasn't even on the floor. It's still out there! My SA would help you for sure!

Please try and understand that people working different systems (phone, store, live chat) do NOT all have the same abilities and cannot always accommodate all things. A store can more than likely punch in a discount for you, a phone rep is not always able to, and a chat rep is never able to. Trust me they do NOT want to upset a customer, but when they seriously have no ability to do anything about it, try not to be mad ok?

but they can locate one at a store for her like the coach store she originally called.

having called into different companies, the call center always seem the same..which is why the new discover card would be appealing IF their customer service is better then current call centers and not located in third world countries where the accent is so thick that even though you don't mean to get frustrated you do anyways because lack of understanding/commuting

I do understand some call centers have goals e.g. number of calls they should aim to answer within x minutes or, xxtime a customer is waiting for a rep which basically means finish the call you are having ASAP

that would fall on coach's part to better train and run their system

in this case though, the rep didn't seem to care, and suggest alternates e,g. providing a phone number that would take seconds, for the client then to call

The problem as I see it is not that CS couldn't locate the bag she wanted - but that she couldn't use a promo discount code assigned to another person over the phone with CS. She wouldn't have been able to do that online either - because it simply cannot be done.

The store was able to do it for her because they have discretionary option to give a discount. It's not a matter of the other ordering options not wanting to do it, or not knowing how to do it - they simply do not have the authority to override an assigned promo code. Period. So call it poor service if you like - but personally I think if you are lucky enough to get a discount you weren't entitled to, you already won the game.

Yup, but if she couldn't locate it because of the marketing then she should have directed to that if possible or try a store as suggested

Because the store would have the power to do so or to honor it

Since she can't do that on the screen, finding someone is just matter of clicks of button

ms-whitney said:
Yup, but if she couldn't locate it because of the marketing then she should have directed to that if possible or try a store as suggested

Because the store would have the power to do so or to honor it

Since she can't do that on the screen, finding someone is just matter of clicks of button

The original CS person COULD find the purse - what she couldn't do was apply a discount code assigned to another person. And - she would have no way of knowing if a particular store/manager/SA could or would apply a discretionary discount in lieu of it.

Using another person's discount has always been a gray area. Some of them are targeted at specific customer groups by Coach and apparently it's marketing firm. That's what the CS person was referring to - that she couldn't issue the discount herself because it had been generated by the marketing firm for a specific person who was not the caller.

The Facebook discounts are a lot easier to obtain. But I don't know if even those are tagged to the individual - I suspect not.