Coach CS not willing to do return/exchange?!

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
I posted a thread a few days ago about my COACH 1/2in. signature silver bangle bracelet breaking. It's style# 94061. I love the bracelet and would love to have it either replaced with the same, or something very similiar (silver/signature.)

I purchased it at Woodfield Mall in Chicago with my PCE in May, and actually made a special 3 hour trip just to use the PCE card because I don't have a boutique any closer.

I'll be going to the outlet on the 6th of Sept. for the Iowa gal's meet-up and thought maybe if they had another bracelet for approx the same MSRP I could just exchange it. I have both the receipt and tag. So, I figured I'd go ahead and call COACH customer service and verify that this would be fine...I didn't figure that it should be a problem, it is afterall BROKE after only 4 months!!!

NOPE!!! I can't do that. CS told me that I could take it to the outlet and that the outlet could ofcourse send it in for me (I knew that.) I told him that I really didn't want to pay $20.00 just to send a small little bangle in. CS rep proceeded to tell me that this is their standard policy, which I understand!!! The problem I have with this is that I could just spend the $$$ in gas, hit the nearest outlet that I know sells jewelry and exchange for something else. I don't understand why I wouldn't be ALLOWED to exchange a BROKEN ITEM that was purchased only 4 months ago!!!!

Has anyone else run into this??? I can see if it was a bag that someone needed to see if they could repair first, but COACH has no jewelry repair which he admitted so why couldn't I just exchange this item for one that's not BROKE!?

I'm not really mad, but slightly irritated about the situation. He DID finally tell me to tell my outlet that CS would wave the fee, like that will work at MY outlet!!! NOT!!!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that the COACH jewelry is not lifetime jewelry. However, we certainly aren't paying costume jewelry prices!!! The retail price of the bracelet after tax is over $85 bucks!!! I'd expect to be able to wear it for a year, I'm not working so I'm certainly not hard on it!!!!

Jun 15, 2009
I would ship it back yourself via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation - will cost around $5. I never send anything back via Coach retail or outlet - it is cheaper to send yourself. Make sure you include a note on why you are returning along with you name, address and phone number. Keep a copy for yourself.

May 22, 2007
SoCal
I'd go to the boutique and since its been a few months most likely they will waive the shipping fee and send it in for you. I had the shipping waived on my Sabrina I sent in back early July.

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
Eastern Iowa
You still have to also include $20 for shipping and repair fee's. They accept MO, check's & CC.

I would ship it back yourself via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation - will cost around $5. I never send anything back via Coach retail or outlet - it is cheaper to send yourself. Make sure you include a note on why you are returning along with you name, address and phone number. Keep a copy for yourself.