Coach CS Cannot locate Bag?

Mar 9, 2019
I wish I had a better title for this post. It seems kind of vague. Oh well.
My Drifter (purchased December 2017 at Coach of Green Hills) is experiencing some dryness on the leather flap. I was TOLD it was glovetanned and buffalo skin at the time of purchase and to be careful with it. I contacted Coach CS for cleaning/moisturizing instructions for the entire bag (it says to NOT moisturize buffalo on their website) and they said they cannot find my bag based off the style number I provided?

Serial Number: E1680 38388

Does Coach change out style numbers sometime? Was I possibly told wrong at the store what the materials are? This wouldn't be the first time the Green Hills location misinformed me on a bag. I would love to get my bag moisturized and cleaned but I'm unsure if I can trust my local store if they gave me wrong information once again. :doh:

Hope this post makes sense!!

Caspin22

Hopelessly addicted
Mar 1, 2013
I wish I had a better title for this post. It seems kind of vague. Oh well.
My Drifter (purchased December 2017 at Coach of Green Hills) is experiencing some dryness on the leather flap. I was TOLD it was glovetanned and buffalo skin at the time of purchase and to be careful with it. I contacted Coach CS for cleaning/moisturizing instructions for the entire bag (it says to NOT moisturize buffalo on their website) and they said they cannot find my bag based off the style number I provided?

Serial Number: E1680 38388

Does Coach change out style numbers sometime? Was I possibly told wrong at the store what the materials are? This wouldn't be the first time the Green Hills location misinformed me on a bag. I would love to get my bag moisturized and cleaned but I'm unsure if I can trust my local store if they gave me wrong information once again. :doh:

Hope this post makes sense!!

Current Coach bags don't have a "serial number". The first set of numbers are manufacturing codes for the month, year, and manufacturing plant. The second set of numbers after the dash is the style number. So, the style number is just 38388, and that's definitely the right style number for the Drifter top handle, so it seems maybe your store is just misinformed...or, perhaps they can only pull up current styles in their system?