Coach Credit being used with other deals??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone,

I had a question about using a Coach credit. I received a 20% coupon in my email today that is good from now until Friday. Earlier this week I also received a credit letter from Jax for a North/South Gallery tote that could not be repaired. My question is: am I allowed to use my coach credit in conjunction with the 20% off coupon? I asked a sales person at the Outlet (Estero/Fort Myers, Florida) but they said no. The manager said they weren't sure.

Also I found an eyeglass case in the 50% off bin with a HANDWRITTEN price of $20.00 (it was a return without a printed) and the coach outlet would NOT honor the price of $20.00 and give me 50% off.

Thanks for all your help!

Jen

2. Technically, you aren't supposed to be able to use the credit letters with other coupons. There are some stores that will let you do it, but I think they are few and far between. Also, keep in mind that you have to use the whole credit at once. If you only find one thing you like (ex: a $20 glasses case), they aren't allowed to give you the remainder on a merchandise card.

As for the glasses case, was the price $20.00 or $19.99? Because if it were $19.99 then it should be 50% off.

3. #3 Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
    Not sure, Jen. I'm in the same boat, I have a credit letter that I want to use with the coupon for a Zoe, but I don't know if they'll let me or not. My guess is no. I know they won't let you combine it with the 25% PCE in the boutiques and I figure they would treat the 20% coupon in the same way. What you can do, however, is buy something small (cheap!) at the outlet with your credit letter then they put the remainder of your credit on a merchandise credit card. You can use those with the coupon. I have heard of some outlets making you spend your credit letter all at once though, but not every outlet does this. I guess if they do make you spend it all at once, you can get some stuff to equal the amount of your credit letter and then return it for credit merchandise. That's kind of a pain though, but that's the only thing I can think of, maybe someone else will come along with a simpler solution!

ETA: Just read the above post. I guess there are more outlets make you spend it all at once than I thought. I do know a couple of people on here have spend a little bit of their credit letter at a time, but that might be the exception, not the rule. I still think it'd work if you buy stuff with your credit letter and then return for merch. credit, then use the merch. credit with the coupon. This would probably be better if you could buy at one outlet, return/exchange at a different one.

4. I know when I used my credit for my Leigh they let me have the extra 20% off. Don't know if it was a fluke, but it was how I got the three Zoes.
    They wouldn't let me use part of the credit and get the rest as a gift card though, I had to use the whole thing, thus how I got the Copper XL.

5. Most stores do not allow duel credit. My Outlet me use the Letter and the % off.

6. if they wont let you use it buy something for the amount of the credit and return it and you will recieve merchandise credit to use whenever.