Coach charm rexy - help!!!

babibarbie

Sep 13, 2015
Hi ladies! This is for sale in a website and Im thinking to buy it and make it new again! My question is, any suggestions of spray paints that will make It silver metallic again? Or gold? I bought a coach rogue suede gray and it didnt come with tag or key holder (got it used) so i was thinking to “re” survive it to wear with my rogue! Any suggestions? Do you think it has salvation? Brand new is over $100 and this one is $21. But before spend money on it, I want to make sure it can be painted, refurbished somehow! Any ideas? Thank you

Attachments

• 6B18F1F5-93CC-45EA-893D-02883CF48072.jpeg
    6B18F1F5-93CC-45EA-893D-02883CF48072.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 230
Are you sure you want this little guy? I can't help with the rust, but maybe someone else can chime in to help with that....

I just asked if you're sure because although it's a deep discount, the one clasp (trigger clasp) appears to be broken, and the lightning bolt that came with it is missing, which would bum me out (that's just me, tho). It retails for $85 (not over $100, even accounting for tax) and is still available on the Coach.com site.... I think I got mine on a PCE/F&F deal so I paid less, and I've seen pre-loved Rexys in MUCH better condition than that go for about $25-$35 on ebay.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I just think you wouldn't be able to latch it onto your Rogue very well without the trigger clasp, and (even if you can), what if you want to use it on another bag someday? Is it really worth the work to get rid of the rust for a few dollars difference?

ETA: good luck with whatever you decide!!

Reactions: sparkle1
Are you sure you want this little guy? I can't help with the rust, but maybe someone else can chime in to help with that....

I just asked if you're sure because although it's a deep discount, the one clasp (trigger clasp) appears to be broken, and the lightning bolt that came with it is missing, which would bum me out (that's just me, tho). It retails for $85 (not over $100, even accounting for tax) and is still available on the Coach.com site.... I think I got mine on a PCE/F&F deal so I paid less, and I've seen pre-loved Rexys in MUCH better condition than that go for about $25-$35 on ebay.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, but I just think you wouldn't be able to latch it onto your Rogue very well without the trigger clasp, and (even if you can), what if you want to use it on another bag someday? Is it really worth the work to get rid of the rust for a few dollars difference?

ETA: good luck with whatever you decide!!
Yes, you are right! First I was thinking to paint with black but the value isnt worth! Between paint, time and this poor rexy, I could get an used ine in better condition! Thank you for opening my eyes ;)

Yes, you are right! First I was thinking to paint with black but the value isnt worth! Between paint, time and this poor rexy, I could get an used ine in better condition! Thank you for opening my eyes ;)
You're very welcome! I hope you find a Rexy that hasn't been put through the wringer, lol.... be sure to post here when you find one :smile:

Reactions: lvjunkyxo