Coach Canvas (fabric) Bag cleaning

Lulugrl

O.G.
Aug 22, 2012
Hey guys,

I have a Coach bag that is fabric material with leather trim on the sides. It USED to be a winter white kind of a color, now it is just dirty.....I have no idea how to clean the fabric to make it look nice again, and the people at the Coach store was not very helpful...........

Any help would be appreciated!

I k ow this sounds crazy! But my coach bag that I use for work gets really dirty. It's the light beige fabric with a pink leather trim. I threw itin the wash, and the dryer and it came out CLEAN and nothing was ruined.

Edit: I've washed it 2 or 3 times. I can post pics later if you like.

I k ow this sounds crazy! But my coach bag that I use for work gets really dirty. It's the light beige fabric with a pink leather trim. I threw itin the wash, and the dryer and it came out CLEAN and nothing was ruined.

Edit: I've washed it 2 or 3 times. I can post pics later if you like.

See.....I've thought of doing this. I am so going to try it. Did you wash it in gentle cycle? Any special soap?

thanks

Lulugrl said:
See.....I've thought of doing this. I am so going to try it. Did you wash it in gentle cycle? Any special soap?

thanks

I used regular detergent and normal wash. I tossed it in with clothes, like colours. Maybe you can toss it in with white towels on gentle to cushion it from smacking around too much and Use very little detergent. Before you do it let me show you what my leather part looks like first so no surprises to you. It's great though, the jean transfer washed out

Here is what it looks like after the wash. I don't mind the little bit of wrinkling on the leather part. You might.

Attachments

• image-3705035409.jpg
    image-3705035409.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 72,758
  • image-2735328585.jpg
    image-2735328585.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 71,468
Hey guys,

I have a Coach bag that is fabric material with leather trim on the sides. It USED to be a winter white kind of a color, now it is just dirty.....I have no idea how to clean the fabric to make it look nice again, and the people at the Coach store was not very helpful...........

Any help would be appreciated!

Use the Coach cleaner. It works wonders and removed jean transfer from 2 years ago off my siggy duffle.

I, personally, would be very hesitant to put my beautiful Coach purse through the "trauma" of the washing machine. Especially with leather involved. I've seen a wristlet were that was regularly done. They got away with it at first, but then the last time they did it not only had the jacquard faded to look like, well, faded gar-bage, but the leather strap bloated up to look like a wrinkled, pale balloon the width of a pinky! It was also twisted beyond usefulness. I just wouldn't do it....you don't know what kind of havoc it will cause with any component of your bag.

If you don't want to go for the Coach cleaner, which is a great product, I have had tremendous success with handwashing. Depending upon the degree of dirt, I've used liquid hand soap & a clean white cloth to an 1/8 of a tablespoon of Tide w/bleach ALTERNATIVE mixed with about 2 cups of warm water and a soft dish brush or toothbrush. I lay the bag out on a towel & cover the leather. It is important to use as little soap as necessary (and then cut that in half again - my early mistakes were using too much soap); and rinse COMPLETELY. Some bags I've had to just DRENCH, until no more soap bubbles. (Bye the way, the stick version of Spray & Wash (now Resolve Max) gets out ink & makeup on all of the Coach interior fabrics to date - some incredibly nasty nasty stains - and every single blackened bottom corner on all fabrics (keep it off the leather!) I've scrubbed Coach sateen, canvas, jacquard, lurex, linen, even a Gucci Sukey with phenomenal success. The bags looked brand new. And as long as I kept the diluted Tide solution off the leather; wiped the leather down with a damp rag then conditioned it before putting out to air dry, the leather looked new too. It is a lot more work, and having a clean work area with a hand held sprayer at your sink helps a lot. But your bag will never look like a wrinkled pinky-finger noodle this way. :smile:

I have to respectfully say "nay" to the washing machine.

Reactions: Jeanne85 and S.Lew
Hi my coach bag got dirty and I researched online to see what I can do and a youtube video recommended carpet cleaner. Just wondering if anyone did this trick as well? I used it and it did get rid some of the dirt but not all :sad:

Reactions: LaPaloma55