Coach Cambridge hobo in plum

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
I need an opinion here - I have a large collection of very high end bags, incl. Chanel, LV, YSL Gucci, etc. Today I saw a Coach bag that I really loved (described above) I found it just beautiful and I don't usually buy Coach because I think of it as a young girl's bag - but damn I like this bag - Do you think I should get it? I mean I question whether I'll actually reach for it among the others! Tks

If you like the bag you should get it.. but have you see it in person? you should go check it out if you havent.. I usually know if I want a bag if I see it in person..

I think you should definitely get it if you like it. There is nothing wrong with having a Coach Handbag in your collection. There are plenty of people on tpf who like high end designers and still like Coach.

I'm 52, if I like a bag and can afford it, I get it. Plum and purple hues are totally wonderful for fall. I say go for it.

Btw, I'm liking the Cambridge Line, I think it's fine for mature women.

I need an opinion here - I have a large collection of very high end bags, incl. Chanel, LV, YSL Gucci, etc. Today I saw a Coach bag that I really loved (described above) I found it just beautiful and I don't usually buy Coach because I think of it as a young girl's bag - but damn I like this bag - Do you think I should get it? I mean I question whether I'll actually reach for it among the others! Tks

Just curious...did you buy the Cambridge Hobo? I saw it at the Boutique today and really like it...and I am not a young person. If you happen to buy it, let us know how you like it. Good luck.

i went through a phase where i would only carry certain bags, lv, balenciaga, prada, etc. i kind of put coach aside, plus there were not any styles at that time that i really liked in coach, but that changed..so now if i love a bag i love it, and thats it...so amongst my more pricey bags, i also have coach, and dooney and bourke...buy what you like, what feels right for you and what is right for your life style, you will know....;)

Here are my 2 cents! I know what you're saying about coach, for some reason it comes across as more "youthful" propably due to poppy and everybody in their early 20's carrying sig stuff right now-

BUT- once you get into coach's higher end bags, which no doubt- the cambridge is a higher end bag, i wouldn't worry about this. In fact i was just thinking that the current cambridge collection is very high end for coach, the leather is nice and thick and craftmanship is excellent on this line! So I would defenitely go ahead if I love this bag, surprisingly it is very very well made and i doubt that a lot of "kids" are gonna get this bag, bkz it's more expensive and looks very sophisticated...

I agree w/ Coachmommyofmin!!! When you get into all the higher end ALL LEATHER Coach bags, they sren't even really recognizable right away as Coach. The younger gal's (the bandwagon one's) anyway won't even notice it's Coach!!

I carry my leather bags all the time and no one says a word, but let me carry a signature bag and it's comments this way and that!!!

I think this maybe one of those bags you won't be able to stop thinking about. It's my fav color from the new fall line!!!

Go 4 it!!!

Actually I think the leather is thin and lightweight, lol! I like the Cambridge too. I tried on the Hobo in plum today. I just can't see paying $598 for a lightweight bag like that.

But it is neat!

i think that if you love a bag and it works for you, buy it...why do you think that you need to "justify" getting a coach bag? (not said sarcastically!)...if you love a bag that much, then get it! i'm 51 (soon to be 52) and think that some of coach's bags are amazing! buy your bag for what YOU want and how it makes YOU feel!!