Coach boutiques in MI

Yes, if you live close to West Branch the outlet there is really nice. It's been awhile since I've been to that one since Birch Run is closer, but West Branch has signature items so I'll be making the 2 hour trip next Friday...then I'm going on ban!

I rarely even go into boutiques because my budget will only allow some serious discounts. Perhaps I'll luck up on the next PCE.

there is something I don't get about this. There was a thread earlier about Birch Run not having signature because it was so close to Somerset. But when I have visited, they have had signature and lots of leather.

This morning I called looking for something and asked Julie to reclarify it for me - she said they are a signature store and are considered in the North East Region compared to Troy, considered Mid West. It's something Corporate decides.

:shrugs: :shrugs: :shrugs:

there is something I don't get about this. There was a thread earlier about Birch Run not having signature because it was so close to Somerset. But when I have visited, they have had signature and lots of leather.

This morning I called looking for something and asked Julie to reclarify it for me - she said they are a signature store and are considered in the North East Region compared to Troy, considered Mid West. It's something Corporate decides.

:shrugs: :shrugs: :shrugs:

I dunno. I responded in that thread that you are talking about, because that is what the Aurora Outlet Store (in Illinois) told me, when I asked why they didn't carry signature. (That they were too close to too many regular boutique stores.)

I do not know if that is necessarily true anymore/or if it has ever been. I have no idea how they decide who carries what??

I was just in Orlando, and all of the outlets there carried signature items - they were all within close proximity to plenty or regular boutique stores. :shrugs:

So... I have no clue. No idea, I am sure it is some internal company decision, or something? Wierdo marketing people. :P (I have a degree in mktg, btw.)

I dunno. I responded in that thread that you are talking about, because that is what the Aurora Outlet Store (in Illinois) told me, when I asked why they didn't carry signature. (That they were too close to too many regular boutique stores.)

I do not know if that is necessarily true anymore/or if it has ever been. I have no idea how they decide who carries what??

I was just in Orlando, and all of the outlets there carried signature items - they were all within close proximity to plenty or regular boutique stores. :shrugs:

So... I have no clue. No idea, I am sure it is some internal company decision, or something? Wierdo marketing people. :P (I have a degree in mktg, btw.)
I lurve the Chicago Premium Outlets in Aurora - that's one of my favorite places to shop!

Hey Karen! I'm close to Alpena! so bummer, we're both in the same situation. I don't have boutique experience, I've just ordered online or through JAX. I'll definitely keep checking back in this thread to see what other Michiganers think! Thank you!

by the way, LOVE the headband! did you find that in Michigan?

Isn't it horrible living so far away from major cities? Drives me nuts at times! I'm lucky though at least I'm close to I-75. Being close to Alpena it seems like it would be a a long drive anywhere! To put things into perspective for those not familiar with Northern Mich geography... the closest mall is an hour and a half away. Our area is extremely secluded!

Oh, and I got the headband through an ebay auction, i adore it!

As outlets go, I really like the West Branch outlet and they usually have a ton of stuff- but I don't expect anything from the Legacy line to hit there even on returns since it is so far from a boutique. I go to saginaw a lot and have been to both WB and BR and I have to say I like WB much better. I don't know if it is better selection or maybe BR always just seems so crowded, but I prefer WB.

ohhh geeeeze Karen. You're going to hate this, but I'm going to say you're lucky at 1.5 hours! - to get to TC it's like 3 and Saginaw is about 2.5 hours away. hahaa, but it's ok. road trips with the fam or the girls are ALWAYS good times! And it's totally worth living up in this "north country" I wouldn't give it up for a second. Love the outdoors and the variety of sports! :yes:

I'm going through Birch Run this week to get to my spring break destination and plan to stop (hence the call this morning!) Next time I go across state I'm definitely stopping at WB - I've never been there! :graucho:

That would be horrible! I have family from Atlanta and everytime i go there all i think of is gosh this is too far away from everything! and alpena is way farther! I am luckier being on 75. Its so easy just to jump on and go. AND the best part of all is my best friend lives in Saginaw so i go down a lot. Many times i go to WB and BR all in one weekend :smile:

I am 40 min from Somerset, an hour and 15 or so to Birch Run, they have never had sig when I was there either....only get to go on a busy weekend, wonder if they get sold out early.

I live in Vanderbilt, which is ten miles north of Gaylord. I live close-ish to West Branch's Coach outlet, but everything else is quite a hike

We camped in Gayord last summer. I have tons of family in Petoskey, East Jordan and Charlevoix. The only time I hit the West Branch Outlet is when we camp and this year we are going to Ludington, so I will have to make a special trip to WB I guess.