Coach being Taken Over by LVMH?

Lets be honest Coach is cute but its Hs Couture. Lv is on a whole different level. I personally have both. I think if anything Coach will lower there prices to maybe around the price of D&B bags.

I dont think so. I own both as well and some of the coach bags are better than LV. I love both but sometimes I feel like Coach is hurting LV, business wise. Therefore, they want to buy them off wich is pretty smart from their part.

OMG, that is just mean to even think that! !

That's the first thing that came to mind: Outlets!! :blush: Lol.

Honestly, I wouldn't be hurt if coach had a 30-90 day return policy ONLY, instead of the "anytime" return policy, and i think they should keep a repair policy if something goes wrong afterwards (like sealant comming off, fraying or turnlock issues)

I think they should make their policy more reasonable compared to other dept. stores, macys has 90 days (right?) for unused merchandise, and that's very reasonable.

True, even a 30 day perior would be ok. I mean it doesnt take that long to change your mind. i just let the bags sit for a long time because I know there is to time frame and I am to lazy to drive an hour to the store. I hope they dont change their repair policy, is one the reaons why I love coach and continue to buy from them, they have my back :tup:

It really depends on how the acquisition is handled right? If the guys up top handle it well, we should not see any noticeable changes on the customer-facing front.

Personally, from a business perspective, I think it's a great move for LVMH. Coach clearly has a strong clientele base and it's a smart vertical acquisition for them to not only increase their stream of revenue, but to tap into a slighty different target market than LV.

If LVMH is smart about it, they'll also let Coach act as a TRUE DBA or subsidiary of LVMH whichout meddling into their established processes tooooo much. Acquire the company fine - but Coach has proven they're a profitable business for a very long time and if I were working at LVMH, I'd go ahead and let them continue with their processes (with some oversight from LVMH but a general hands-off approach) since Coach obviously know what they are doing but that is just how I would handle it.

BTW...FP SA's are already "lecturing" customers about "make sure you like this purchase because Coach is starting to watch all returns." I was chatting with some of the SA's at FP the other day and got this info. So, just a note of warning, (1) try your things in the bag at the store to see if it will work for you (2) if you think "I'll take it home and look it over there to determine if I'll like it"...do more thinking at the store (3) if you must return a purchase, DO NOT remove the tags and return it quickly (4) and...don't, basically, return very many items. So...from I've heard, Coach is already getting stricter with their return policy! With Earnings way down, this does not come as a shock!

This is what I don't like about Coach.
I'm FINE, 110% fine, with a more restricted return policy.
BUT, make it a policy, not at the whim/fancy/mood of the SA or manager.
The current policy is that your window to return is unlimited, albeit tags attached, w/ receipt, etc.
BUT, it's not really what they mean?!?!?!

Just walk the walk if you're going to talk the talk is all I ask of corporate.

I'm really not concerned by the acquisition at all.
I'm guessing it'll be more of a backstage/political thing than anything and won't really do anything to the stores.

It's probably going to be like the Rogers--Fido acquisition. Everyone knows the merge happened, but it doesn't change anything (better or worse) for the customers. Trying to think of a more global acquisition that changed ownership of a brand but everything remained unaffected...hhmm...I'll get back to you on this one (haha).

BTW...FP SA's are already "lecturing" customers about "make sure you like this purchase because Coach is starting to watch all returns." I was chatting with some of the SA's at FP the other day and got this info. So, just a note of warning, (1) try your things in the bag at the store to see if it will work for you (2) if you think "I'll take it home and look it over there to determine if I'll like it"...do more thinking at the store (3) if you must return a purchase, DO NOT remove the tags and return it quickly (4) and...don't, basically, return very many items. So...from I've heard, Coach is already getting stricter with their return policy! With Earnings way down, this does not come as a shock!

This is what I don't like about Coach.
I'm FINE, 110% fine, with a more restricted return policy.
BUT, make it a policy, not at the whim/fancy/mood of the SA or manager.
The current policy is that your window to return is unlimited, albeit tags attached, w/ receipt, etc.
BUT, it's not really what they mean?!?!?!

Just walk the walk if you're going to talk the talk is all I ask of corporate.

I fully agree with you. My DH was with me during this conversation at FP and when we left I had a feeling of "wow, I'm insecure about buying something at FP for fear of what if I don't like it and I feel like I'm stuck with it." If this is how corporate feels, they need to come out with a new policy, in writing, and let us all know. I don't like all the lovey dovey from the SA's when you purchase "buy it, if you don't like it return it...order it, if you don't like it return it, etc." and then you try walking back in with shopping bag in hand and that lovey dovey isn't there any more! I'm personally more insecure about buying bags at FP. If I buy one my attitude is "this is my new bag, if I don't like it when I get home, too bad, I'm stuck with it." I hate feeling that way. I can't believe I just got a grumpy SA that day, there had to be more to it...from higher up.

If the buyout does happen, I can see LVMH definitely changing the existing return policy for Coach. For LV, you are only allowed 14 days from the date of purchase to do a return and receive full credit back for your purchase based on the orig. method of payment. However, you are allowed up to 30 days from the date of purchase for a return/exchange but for the return, you will receive a merch. credit only in the form of an LV credit voucher/slip.

I hate to kill the speculation party (:Partyhat:smile: but LVMH made an official statement that it is not currently interested in acquiring Coach. So unless they want to violate securities laws, we won't be hearing about merger/acquisition discussions any time soon.