Coach being Taken Over by LVMH?

I really hope not...like others have said, all I can see is a price increase, and IMHO, Coach has already increased their prices--look at those canvas Photo print totes, very cute but $500 for a canvas tote???? I don't know, I just hope they leave well enough alone.

It wouldn't mean that the price would increase. If anything, I'd guess that the price would decrease. Just because they're owned by the same company would not mean that the prices would be the same. In this economic climate, LVMH is probably looking for a more affordable acquisition to round out their holdings a bit. Raising prices on the items would be a bad business decision as the high prices are already a turn-off for many who are worried about money. You probably wouldn't see much of a price change at all, maybe a slight decrease.

Honestly it probably wouldn't impact the brand that much from a consumer standpoint.

I agree 100% with this statement. I'm so glad you wrote it out, because I had the thought in my head but just couldn't get the wording right.

Would outlets disappear? :sad:

OMG, that is just mean to even think that! LOL.
Very valid question though.....

The outlets are a very big money maker for Coach so I dont see LV eliminating them aka "cutting off their nose to spite their face" in regards to their sales numbers.
In all honestly the outlets are probably what has been keeping Coach afloat the last few years...

Hopefully IF Coach is bought out by LV then their sucky 'inconsistencies' will vanish in the acquisition.
That one thing right there would be worth it to me!

Maybe LVMH will re-market Coach like LV bags--that they are expensive because they're worth it. I've read from someplace that LV bags, if you need to repair them, will cost a lot to send to their warehouse and repair. If they use the same strategy and mesmerize buyers to spend on Coach and have the same rules apply as they do to LV bags, then Coach, as we know it, will eventually fade and disappear.

That scares me to bits!

Lets be honest Coach is cute but its Hs Couture. Lv is on a whole different level. I personally have both. I think if anything Coach will lower there prices to maybe around the price of D&B bags.

My guess is an increase in pricing and less returning/taking back bags. Coach will make so much more money if they stopped excepting returns...IMO of course. Everyone is tighting their belts and I guess Coach would like to see the same profit margins as LV it may help there quality as well.

BTW...FP SA's are already "lecturing" customers about "make sure you like this purchase because Coach is starting to watch all returns." I was chatting with some of the SA's at FP the other day and got this info. So, just a note of warning, (1) try your things in the bag at the store to see if it will work for you (2) if you think "I'll take it home and look it over there to determine if I'll like it"...do more thinking at the store (3) if you must return a purchase, DO NOT remove the tags and return it quickly (4) and...don't, basically, return very many items. So...from I've heard, Coach is already getting stricter with their return policy! With Earnings way down, this does not come as a shock!

:wtf: OMG are you serious? Bkz my SA's always say "suuure, take it home, look at it, keep it, see how you like it after a few days...., you can always return new merchandise, just take it with you and think about it..." /or "lets just order it, you can always return it if you don't like it"... some even cut off tags without being told to do so :tdown: i figured, if i like it, i bring it home- put it on a shelf for a few days and look at it to figure out if i ll be happy in the future with that particular style... wow, i m defenitely not gonna "just buy and look at it for a few days" anymore... :sad:

Honestly, I wouldn't be hurt if coach had a 30-90 day return policy ONLY, instead of the "anytime" return policy, and i think they should keep a repair policy if something goes wrong afterwards (like sealant comming off, fraying or turnlock issues)

I think they should make their policy more reasonable compared to other dept. stores, macys has 90 days (right?) for unused merchandise, and that's very reasonable.

OMG, that is just mean to even think that! LOL.
Very valid question though.....

The outlets are a very big money maker for Coach so I dont see LV eliminating them aka "cutting off their nose to spite their face" in regards to their sales numbers.
In all honestly the outlets are probably what has been keeping Coach afloat the last few years...

Hopefully IF Coach is bought out by LV then their sucky 'inconsistencies' will vanish in the acquisition.
That one thing right there would be worth it to me!

Yeah, I don't see the outlets disappearing but they might start getting more consistent about what goes to the outlets and when it shows up. LV seems quite good at not "diluting the brand" so that could bleed over and spell the end of boutique bags showing up in the outlet while they're still full price elsewhere.