Coach bags priced differently in different stores...

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
Hi all. So, super pet peve. My sister and I went shopping last Sat at an outlet about an hour from our house (took my kids to a park, it was across the street).
She bought a Madison swing pack, and that zippery clutch bag whose name escapes me. I bought a large Zoe signature in brown.

Forward wind 2 days, we both decide to return them for different reasons (she decided they're too small, I decided to stalk the net to find the 2005 winter Shearling tote in blue--ALL HELP ON THIS ACCEPTED, BTW, I'm not getting anywhere by myself, need resources from the pros :biggrin: )

We return them to the outlet near us...only to find that our outlet was selling the SAME bags -- her clutch was $35 less, and my Zoe was $45 less! I was super annoyed at the shadyness, and I feel gouged...both as a customer and as a previous retail mgr of too many years to count.

Anyone else encounter this?

-D

CornflakeGirl

Feb 27, 2009
Did you buy items on this last past Saturday and then return them on Monday? Last week (I think Thursday thru Sunday) there was a 20% off coupon available online. We noticed (on the board) that Coach raised the price of some items (like Zoe's) for the coupon. They probably lowered them again on Monday (after the coupon was over).

Also, prices also get updated frequently. (Usually down, but sometimes up.)

What annoys me is when I have been to two different outlets on one day and the prices are different OR when I see something at one outlet and someone sees something different at another outlet on the same day. That really bugs me!

NewCoachQueen

Birkin or bust...
Aug 2, 2009
I did buy on Sat and return on Mon, but they had red markdowns on the tags at purchase. They can't cross that out and rewrite it, right? I mean the red markdowns were different prices.

cat lady

Feb 22, 2009
Wow, that would be extremely annoying! That doesn't make sense though. Why would Coach want to price items this way???

michellejy

Bag & Shoe Addicted
Apr 13, 2009
I know when some people were finding Sabrinas at the outlets a few months ago, some of the outlets were pricing them at 50% off while others were pricing them at 30% off. It's really annoying.

kells1983

FEAR DOES NOT EXIST IN THIS DOJO.
O.G.
Dec 1, 2008
Are you sure about the redline on the Zoe? With the exception of the XL Editorial, those haven't been redlined at the outlets yet...

And if you had your receipt when you returned it, you should have gotten the same amount refunded, so I don't know if you were necessarily 'gouged' in the end.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
And if you had your receipt when you returned it, you should have gotten the same amount refunded, so I don't know if you were necessarily 'gouged' in the end.
As long as you have the receipt, the store has to return the full amount you paid for. This happens to me as well when after I purchased an item.

Ask for a PA if you intend to keep the bag, they should honor it unless it was purchased too long ago. That's why it's always good to be familiar with their return/exchange policy.