Coach bags @ department stores

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
O.G.
Jan 29, 2009
Sorry if this is a silly question (I just found this board about a week ago), but why is it that department stores like Nordstrom, Macys, Bloomingdales, etc. get certain Coach items that you cannot find at the Coach boutique and vice versa?

I have been desperately hunting for a khaki/brown Coach signature sateen with patent gallery tote (#13025). I saw it at Macys and had been hunting around for it for a couple of weeks. They do not carry this bag at the Coach boutique. I was just wondering why.

Department store have exclusive designs that the boutique do not have , they are normally a similar style just a different color or fabric or size , If you have the stlye number the Boutique should be able to order it for you

Department store have exclusive designs that the boutique do not have , they are normally a similar style just a different color or fabric or size , If you have the stlye number the Boutique should be able to order it for you

I didn't know that! So for department exclusive items (may it be a style or colour), if you have the style # the boutique can order that exact one in? Or do you mean of the similar type thats available to the boutique?

You can check the style number of the bag and see if the boutique can get it. Sometimes they can and sometimes they can't. We had some people that wanted the gallery tote that was out around Christmas and when I checked there was one color we could get but not the others.

The small Sabrina in steel is another example of this!
It's a PITA!
Macy's won't/can't search for one for me.
Dillards seems clueless.
Nordstrom either never had it or is 100% sold out...
Guess it wasn't meant to be for me!

It's a PITA!
Dillards seems clueless.

If you're still looking for the small steel Sabrina PM me and I'll look up the phone number of my Dillards. They had at least 1 this past Friday.

I didn't know that! So for department exclusive items (may it be a style or colour), if you have the style # the boutique can order that exact one in? Or do you mean of the similar type thats available to the boutique?

the exact one!!!! that's what i did originally.... cuz i used a PCE card so i could get my sig legacy at a discount (of course.... they went on clearance 2 days later.... so i ended up returning it and buying it cheaper at macy*s after all!)

It's a PITA!
Dillards seems clueless.

:confused1: I've always been able to have Macy's search for a bag at local (and non-local) stores. You probably encountered the SA that doesn't know how to do this, or is too lazy to do it.

Now, they won't always call - especially if they're busy, but I've even had them make the call for me.

I'll keep an eye out for this bag while shopping this weekend.

I'll keep an eye out for this bag while shopping this weekend.

Thanks!
A few people actually PM'ed me and alerted me to this bag's whereabouts.

Thanks again, ladies.

But, OMG, to pay $398 for a (kinda small) bag is going to kill me.
I need to make up my mind, FAST, or they really will be gone.
Decisions, decisions.