Coach Bag and strap hardware matching

uncertain

Feb 2, 2015
Possibly silly question!
I just put in an order for a strap with dark antique nickel hardware and I want to match it with a chalk tea rose dinky. Ideally, I'd want chalk with dark hardware (does this exist??) but I can only find chalk with old brass. Tea rose dinky in beechwood has black copper hardware and it's beautiful but I don't think it'll go well with the turquoise strap. So right now, I'm also considering the tea rose clutch in chalk (still gold hardware) but the mismatch will be less noticeable.

9038504_fpx.jpg9414131_fpx.jpg9235334_fpx.jpg

So..... bag and strap mismatch yes or no???
I've also never taken a close look at the dinky in person so I'm not sure how noticeable the hardware color is in general.
I'd love to see pics of dinkys with nice straps for inspiration (:

Yes to me.
I think he mismatch is kind of accent. By the way, you can remove the hardware on the strap, only use the small buckle to tie the strap on the bag.
You can also go to a craftstore or etsy and buy the dogleash clips in different hardware to use if you need a bit longer drop than going without the clips gives you. With the exotic strap, the buckle would still be a mismatch, but that is so small it wouldn't be too noticeable.

You can also go to a craftstore or etsy and buy the dogleash clips in different hardware to use if you need a bit longer drop than going without the clips gives you. With the exotic strap, the buckle would still be a mismatch, but that is so small it wouldn't be too noticeable.
I'm actually reaaally short so I think removing the hardward would be best for me. Thanks for the tip though! And yes, I think the buckle blends in with the exotic strap itself so not a problem (:

Possibly silly question!
I just put in an order for a strap with dark antique nickel hardware and I want to match it with a chalk tea rose dinky. Ideally, I'd want chalk with dark hardware (does this exist??) but I can only find chalk with old brass. Tea rose dinky in beechwood has black copper hardware and it's beautiful but I don't think it'll go well with the turquoise strap. So right now, I'm also considering the tea rose clutch in chalk (still gold hardware) but the mismatch will be less noticeable.

View attachment 3986305View attachment 3986307View attachment 3986309

So..... bag and strap mismatch yes or no???
I've also never taken a close look at the dinky in person so I'm not sure how noticeable the hardware color is in general.
I'd love to see pics of dinkys with nice straps for inspiration (:
Actually, the Dinky 24 in Chalk has black copper hardware:
https://www.coach.com/coach-dinky-24/55148.html?searchkeyword=dinky 24

Hi! Where do you order the straps? Im looking for a Madison hobo in blush pink. Im in BC, Canada if that matters. Shipping here is crazy!
There are some on Coach.com. Some are on sale now. There are also some at outlets, and on the invitation only factory website. The colors match current bags, so you probably wouldn't get an exact match.

Typically I’m pretty matchy-matchy with hardware metals, but I think with the tea rose collection is doesn’t matter as much because the tea roses are attached with all colors of metals. My chalk clutch has antique brass hardware primarily but the tea roses include nickel and blackened metal so I’m happy to use my non-Coach silver crossbody strap with it.

99434397-7562-469E-974D-2601953EF2A1.jpeg 2777D60E-AFA3-493E-BC0B-BAB9A4DDFB8C.jpeg