Coach backorder?

OMG3kids

Lives with a circus
Apr 10, 2011
How does this work? I emailed Coach about the patent Marielle and they said it's available for backorder until mid June. But I have no idea what that means! LOL I know some of you TPFers have backordered from them; how does it work?:cool:

Thanks in advance!

GAH!
Mind strong...body weak...
Geez, I need to try and resist this. :nuts:

Thanks for clarifying! I was afraid if I called Coach back I'd just order it. LOL I try hard not to order things sight unseen. But this may be an exception...

How much is the patent one going for? Not that I am helping lol.

I purposefully did not ask. I'm just going to assume it's like $800 and therefore out of my reach. :P

I'm trying to achieve a weight loss goal, and am almost there. I'm going to try to wait and reward myself when I go to San Francisco with my friend on June 11, and we go to the Post Street Coach store. But the patent won't be there then. AAAARGH. Maybe I'll fondle some of the other patent stuff while I'm there, and try to decide if I want the patent or the regular leather.

Which is more versatile, style-wise? The current leather, or a patent in grey? I'm leaning towards parchment or black in the current leather.
And don't say "both!" LOL!!!!

Wouldn't that be a preorder then? I've always been taught that a preorder is when you are allowed to purchase something that's not yet officially for sale and a backorder is when something is officially for sale and out of stock, but you can purchase it and wait until the inventory is replenished.

I think pre-orders are still called backorders in the system (or referred to as that even when there is no stock).

That's my assumption, as well. Confusing, but oh well!

As long as I can order one. Haven't pulled the trigger yet... I want to go hold (caress, fondle, stroke, murmur to) a Marielle again, and make doubly sure. ;)