Coach at The Bay

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
It's been mentioned here before that some of the Bay stores (in Canada) sell Coach - but I was surprised to find out that they actually go on sale! The boutiques never have sales (old stock goes to the outlet, and there isn't one near me). I was at the Queen St. Bay store (Toronto) on Friday and they had a lot of Coach bags and accessories for 40-50% off!

Yeah my Bay gets some Coach but most of it is less than desired - at least by me. All old old stock and styles - most of it looks like it it is stuff the outlets couldn't sell. I wish they got better stuff. I'm especially sick of the Audreys that have been there forever.

Based on those two comments - I wonder if that is the deal with Coach (since the closest outlet is hours away from here?) I didn't find anything I wanted to buy but I didn't really look either, since I don't need anything.

It's been mentioned here before that some of the Bay stores (in Canada) sell Coach - but I was surprised to find out that they actually go on sale! The boutiques never have sales (old stock goes to the outlet, and there isn't one near me). I was at the Queen St. Bay store (Toronto) on Friday and they had a lot of Coach bags and accessories for 40-50% off!

That is a good deal; my Bay only discounts it 30% (that is what they were on Friday). Mind you, a lot of it is stuff that has been at the outlet for a while or stuff that doesn't interest me :sad:.

I do wish that The Bay would get the Copper items though :smile:.

I actually love that the Bay has sales. I usually go to the one on Queen too. I wished I had of known they had sales before buying my mini skinny full price last time I was there. I was at the full priced store at the Eaton Centre then went across the road to find a lot of sales! They had a full case of them 40% off :sad: I wasn't even picky on what style I got either because it was just to hold hospital cards and rewards cards LOL Totally kicking myself there, they also had these really flashy little cross body bags that were cute but I don't need anymore purses!
They also have the shoes that I REALLY want. They had the nautical flats there last time but they were only 25-30% off :sad: I am holding out for a bit bigger discount because they were still fairly expensive for shoes.

Yeah my Bay gets some Coach but most of it is less than desired - at least by me. All old old stock and styles - most of it looks like it it is stuff the outlets couldn't sell. I wish they got better stuff. I'm especially sick of the Audreys that have been there forever.

I wonder if they do this so that they don't have to compete with the full price store? I could see it being a problem for the full price store if they both carried the exact same stock and then the Bay was allowed to put things on sale when the full price store had to send them to the outlet. They probably do it to keep competition low so you will still buy full price. If you go through everything they do have a few nice items on sale, unless it's because I never get to the stores so I never know what is new or old :lol:

We have 3 Coach stores in the Bays here, we also have 2 FP Coach stores and the Outlet. Right now it seems the sale stuff is 30% and an additional 25% on some of it. They still don't have any of the new floorset though, but I did notice they had a ton of Brookes.

I wish they had the same department store exclusives that the US dept stores have!!! That would not really compete with Coach. I expected better things from the Bay once Lord and Taylor bought them out. I've always said Canadian dept stores suck compared to the US ones and the amazing sales they have. Nordstrom, Bloomies, Lord and Taylor, Saks, Macy's - sigh.

I wish they had the same department store exclusives that the US dept stores have!!! That would not really compete with Coach. I expected better things from the Bay once Lord and Taylor bought them out. I've always said Canadian dept stores suck compared to the US ones and the amazing sales they have. Nordstrom, Bloomies, Lord and Taylor, Saks, Macy's - sigh.

I know what you mean. It pisses me off to no end that I can't get particular colours in purses here that are available in the U.S. For example, I really wanted a bordeaux Hailey, but there is none to be had here.

We have 3 Coach stores in the Bays here, we also have 2 FP Coach stores and the Outlet. Right now it seems the sale stuff is 30% and an additional 25% on some of it. They still don't have any of the new floorset though, but I did notice they had a ton of Brookes.

Which store had the Brookes? Crossiron Mills outlet or the Bay? I LOVE the Brooke! :smile:

I know what you mean. It pisses me off to no end that I can't get particular colours in purses here that are available in the U.S. For example, I really wanted a bordeaux Hailey, but there is none to be had here.

Did you ask the staff if they could order it for you? I visited the store at the Toronto Eaton Centre today looking for the Cherry Hailey, which was nowhere to be found. However, they were able to order it from the U.S. and even ship it directly to my home free of charge, and I didn't have to pay duty or anything.

The website doesn't list Bordeaux as a limited edition colour or anything, so I don't see why it should be any different from my experience with the Cherry. I hope you're able to get it!