Coach and Shipping

They charge for shipping when ordering from the store? Who knew? I've never been charged. Anytime I've had to order a bag the first thing said was, "there's no charge for shipping". Most times I have it shipped to the store to take advantage if the lower tax.

Yes you can have it shipped to the store. One time I was on vacation when I ordered something at a store. The SA had it shipped from JAX to the store, then sent it to my home once I was back from vacation, all for free.
Thank you! Sometimes I see bags on their Website that are not sold in the stores. So, I was wondering if the store would order. I live close to the store. I think it's a good idea too so that you can inspect the bag before getting it home.

I've never been charged for shipping before, even for one day shipping, but the last two times I bought a bag that needed to be shipped they wanted to charge me the $10.
I mentioned that I had never been charged before, and asked them to waive the fee, and the SA agreed. I did notice that I got the slower 5 day shipping. Wonder if the company is changing policies?

I had to pay $10 shipping once when I went into the full-price store and ordered something that hadn't been released yet but was available from JAX. Otherwise they haven't charged me for ordering.
I've never done a charge send so I don't know about those.

FP don't ever charge shipping... if they do, they shouldn't be. I order all the time from my store and have never been charged for shipping, unless I ask to 2-day or overnight. Tax may play a factor too in price increase. Tax is charged to where you are shipping your items.

FP don't ever charge shipping... if they do, they shouldn't be. I order all the time from my store and have never been charged for shipping, unless I ask to 2-day or overnight. Tax may play a factor too in price increase. Tax is charged to where you are shipping your items.

There is no sales tax in Oregon so that's not the issue. I think it's just how much a SA knows. I went to my "local" Coach FP first to ask for the bag I ordered and all the SA did was search the website for the style number. Of course it did t show up because it's not going to be on the site until next month so she told me it wasn't a valid item, even after I told her it was unreleased and she had to search JAX.

Later that day we went to another FP store in a different mall and they actually looked it up through JAX. They even asked how I found out about it and we searched tPF together which was fun!

There is no sales tax in Oregon so that's not the issue. I think it's just how much a SA knows. I went to my "local" Coach FP first to ask for the bag I ordered and all the SA did was search the website for the style number. Of course it did t show up because it's not going to be on the site until next month so she told me it wasn't a valid item, even after I told her it was unreleased and she had to search JAX.

Later that day we went to another FP store in a different mall and they actually looked it up through JAX. They even asked how I found out about it and we searched tPF together which was fun!
Ya you definitely have to find an SA that knows more about Coach and keeps up with the new collections. I found one and she knows so much and can find any bag that I ask her. She told me that the shipping is free and that the tax is used from where it gets shipped too. So some states are free tax, so basically you pay for the price of the bag nothing extra.

I guess there's no real consistency on the shipping question. I've both paid for shipping and had it waived. Personally I would not call the store and ask for a $10 refund. But the next time I ordered, I would mention it then.

FOS, I have paid for shipping under $150. FP, I have NEVER no matter the cost. Can't speak for shoes because I can't wear their shoes. Didn't matter whether it was shipped to the store or to my house.