CND Vinylux One Week Nail Polish

Hm...I bought three vinylux polishes but have yet to try them out. I'm not particularly excited about them now that I have read reviews. Nonetheless, hopefully I will share my thoughts in this thread soon!

I am an avid shellac user and recently saw the vinylux in a magazine so I wanted to try it. My nails are soft and thin due to peeling the shellac off. I tried this new system and was sold. I like being able to change my colors often and for a quick process. Then I had an OPI color I had bought and wanted to try. I put the vinylux weekly top coat over it and it worked just the same!!! My nails are hard and no chips. They are not as shiny as shellac but I will take it! Especially since I can use it on my regular polish.

I am an avid shellac user and recently saw the vinylux in a magazine so I wanted to try it. My nails are soft and thin due to peeling the shellac off. I tried this new system and was sold. I like being able to change my colors often and for a quick process. Then I had an OPI color I had bought and wanted to try. I put the vinylux weekly top coat over it and it worked just the same!!! My nails are hard and no chips. They are not as shiny as shellac but I will take it! Especially since I can use it on my regular polish.

Hi nailmama really glad to hear you can use it with your regular polish. I am sold on the Vinylux too. But I also have a lot of other nice polishes. Thanks for the good news.

Peace

I'm very excited about this product. I just ordered one color (I think masquerade) and the top coat because I don't know if my salon carries this. I use the shellac sparingly because my nails get weak and brittle (especially after I peel the polish off). And regular polish chips on my nails by the 2nd day. I hope this works as well for me as it has for some of the other ladies here.

Am I doing something wrong? I've applied it twice and both times gotten chips the very next day. Even regular polishes wear better than this for me.
This happened to me as well! I applied it strictly according to the diections and it wore even WORSE on me than regular polish. My nails are pretty healthy too.

This happened to me as well! I applied it strictly according to the diections and it wore even WORSE on me than regular polish. My nails are pretty healthy too.

That makes me feel a bit better. I just wanted something a little easier than gel polish to remove but with better wear time than normal polish (which is 2-4 days for me.) Guess I'll keep looking...

Maybe try doing 2 coats of the top coat. I put one on when I apply the whole system and then mid-week I put a 2nd topcoat on just to freshen it up and my nails seem to get even harder. So maybe try 2 right off the bat.

Maybe try doing 2 coats of the top coat. I put one on when I apply the whole system and then mid-week I put a 2nd topcoat on just to freshen it up and my nails seem to get even harder. So maybe try 2 right off the bat.

Thanks I'll try that. I'm giving Vinylux one ore try and just slightly changing my nail prep routine to see if that helps. Just put on Powder My Nose. Pretty neutral/palate cleanser after all the dark shades.

My 6th day and now there is noticeable chipping. Chipping is more on my weak nails following some gel manicures. Overall, I still think this is better than regular polish.

I had chipping both times I used it within a couple of days. The second time after I worked and had to use my hands a lot my nails were quite severely chipped. But I agree it does seem better than average nail polish.

Thanks for the reviews! :flowers: :kiss:

I'm afraid this just isn't what I'm looking for then. :Push: Most RNP last 2-3 days on my, so it doesn't really sound that much of an improvement. I've just recently started to get into SOGs and with those I get about 2 weeks of wear and they fit my needs just perfectly. Now I have over 300 RBPs at home which don't get any love anymore due to the staying power, I was hoping the TC over a regular NP would maybe change that. :P

I find that RNP wears really well over a SOG mani. I can go 10-14 days with no chips and no tip wear. In fact it works so well that I own only a couple of SOG colors. I do a clear mani using Gelish base, structure, and TIO. Then I do my thing with RNP. It allows me to use the RNP I already own and saves me spending more $$ on SOG colors. I would suggest you at least try RNP over SOG. I also have no problem removing the RNP with non-acetone polish remover. It leaves my SOG mani untouched.

I am so sold on Vinylux that I will not buy any other brand of polish. I'm just hoping for some more sparkly colors to come out!
I had a temporary break in my Vinylux only rule and bought some China Glaze - the colors are always so amazing with this brand. Big mistake - 7 out of my 10 nails were chipped within 12 hours and most of that time I was asleep! For some reason I have chipping problems the most with China Glaze. So back to Vinylux I go :smile: