Clutches with Kids

mpbaby

Sep 7, 2010
Does anyone use a clutch on a daily basis with kids? I love the look of a daytime clutch - especially from clare vivier - but it may not be the most practical? I would throw it in a larger bag.. Thoughts?

Does anyone use a clutch on a daily basis with kids? I love the look of a daytime clutch - especially from clare vivier - but it may not be the most practical? I would throw it in a larger bag.. Thoughts?

I have a 2 year old & am currently in a daytime Clutch obsession! lol

When I purchased my first one I purchased it to use inside my larger bags, but then started wanting to use them on their own because they look so chic to me. I find depending on where I'm going & doing with my little guy is what predicts wether I will use it that day or not.
as an example if I'm going to church since my husband is with us I can use my clutch.

I think you will get a lot of use out of your clutch ;) They are so versatile wether you want to wear them on their own, or inside your other bags to help keep small loose items tidy inside your bigger bags. So to answer your question yes very practical IMO

I have a 2 yo and would love to use a clutch, but likely won't. I can't imagine juggling my child, all the gear, and a clutch. And it would seem a waste to hide a beautiful clutch inside a bigger bag. I'm really lusting over Givenchy, YSL, Balenciaga, and Valentino clutches but can't pull the trigger. I did get a Clare Vivier foldover clutch to experiment with but haven't used it once.

If you do get a clutch, at least get one with a strap.

Personally, my go-to is a wallet on a chain or a mini crossbody when I'm out with my child.

I sold most of my clutches after having my daughter. I do like pouch type clutches that you can carry inside larger bags but take out for quick dashes into shops, etc. I prefer them to have removable crossbody straps though because as mentioned above I usually need my hands free to wrangle my very active daughter. :smile: