Clutches: Two Pocket and Dylan Crossbody

Carmelita

Jul 16, 2009
My new clutches arrived a week ago and I'm just now finding the time to post some pics and thoughts. I apologize for the pics. Not only am I not the best photographer but it is so gray and dark here that the lighting is poor. I decided not to wait until our next sunny day (sometime in July) to take these pics.

I got the Iron Two Pocket Clutch from MOB and I love this bag! To me the iron needs the gunmetal hw and this new style is so functional.

Its a bit smaller than a RM MAC but holds just as much. Here's a comparison with an dark olive MAC. I prefer the outside, zip pocket on the LP that's readily accessible. Its deep enough to hold my phone and glasses with room to spare. The two tiny pockets are more decorative but could hold gloss. The bag is soft, smooshy and seems to expand in a way the MAC doesn't.

In the pics the two front pockets look like a different color but not so irl. I think its an artifact from the light reflecting off this leather at a different angle. Once I treat the bag with Wilson's this problem goes away - as you can see from the Iron Med Dylan Tote. In that pic you can see the difference in the iron color pre treated (clutch) and post treatment (tote).

Attachments

• IMG_7171.JPG
    IMG_7171.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_7201.JPG
    IMG_7201.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7200.JPG
    IMG_7200.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 143
And here's the dark olive Dylan Crossbody Clutch with gunmetal hardware. This olive is a lovely, dark, subtle color and the gunmetal keeps the look understated. This is a fantastic size to actually use as a casual clutch (though it does have a shoulder strap). The front zip pocket is more decorative than useful because if you put anything in thicker than paper, the outside flap won't close over the magnet.

I tried to capture this beautiful color but its tough in my lighting. There's a pic comparing this olive with the dark olive MAC. And I threw in a quilted black MAC and a wine MAC to help bring out the color differences. The first of the olive comparison pics has a flash and the second is natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_7214.JPG
    IMG_7214.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_7181.JPG
    IMG_7181.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7182.JPG
    IMG_7182.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7196.JPG
    IMG_7196.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 146
Carmelita, your new bag looks fabulous, I can totally see why you love it! I bet it's so comfy up against the body as well! I agree that the iron looks great with the gunmetal, fits perfectly. LP sure knows how to do pockets that are convenient.

Linda
ps - I'm totally jealous of your olive Mac as well! :drool:

I really like your new LPs! You have made great color choices. I wish that I could limit the things that I carry so I could use one of these cute bags.

You are really making me want a MAC.

LindaP - Yes, those outside pockets make all the difference... The olive MAC was my first RM and got me hooked. To make the MAC perfect though, there'd need to be an outside pocket (not under a flap/hook)... after your pics of the Dylan Shoulder, that's the bag I want for spring! Hopefully in a nice new brown...

Cathead87 - The Dylan Med Tote is my one larger bag. I've gotten in the habit of carrying a small bag and adding a tote when I need to bring extra stuff... Guess that way I can justify 2 bags :P. Everyone needs at least one MAC :graucho: Its fun how you can redo the chain to wear it several different ways.

Kristinmcd - I've been looking forward to your clutch pics! Chianti, right? That color is so pretty, even if you don't normally carry small bags, it would be perfect for evenings out... To be honest, I wasn't sure this crossbody clutch would work for me. But its such a soft, rich colored, pretty bag that I'm making it work ;)

Riry - Lol, clutch heaven... I didn't notice I had so many until I took the pics today and then felt a little foolish, oh well :biggrin:

ms p - Thanks! LP is my favorite! But, I've just started carrying the quilted black MAC and its gotten so many looks and compliments. Hope you get yours!

LindaP - Yes, those outside pockets make all the difference... The olive MAC was my first RM and got me hooked. To make the MAC perfect though, there'd need to be an outside pocket (not under a flap/hook)... after your pics of the Dylan Shoulder, that's the bag I want for spring! Hopefully in a nice new brown...
!

I hope so too, I would love a brown Dylan shoulder! But if all the bags are croc print it's going to have to be summer or fall.

I chose the zip mac because it does have the outside pockets, but it's been locked up in the 'Christmas present' box so I haven't actually used it, haha. I was surprised at how much stuff I fit in there and thought it would be great for when I don't want to carry too much.

Linda

o_luxurious - Thanks! I didn't realize until I took pics that I have a clutch problem, I mean, collection...

LindaP - I admire your discipline in keeping you zip MAC put away for Christmas! I sure hope its the accessories that are all croc this spring for LP. Please, please, let the bags be the smooth LP leather we love.

LindaP - I admire your discipline in keeping you zip MAC put away for Christmas! I sure hope its the accessories that are all croc this spring for LP. Please, please, let the bags be the smooth LP leather we love.

I sure hope so too Carmelita, though didn't they do a previous season that was pretty much all croc? Hmm, maybe I should try emailing, they've replied before...

Linda