Style Clutches/Evening Bags - PICS ONLY!!!

Intreccio Sfrangiato SS2010 in yolk

Attachments

• 239897 - 7140 (1)-1.JPG
    239897 - 7140 (1)-1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,050
  • 239897 - 7140 (2)-1.JPG
    239897 - 7140 (2)-1.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 2,020
  • 239897 - 7140 (3)-1.JPG
    239897 - 7140 (3)-1.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,024
  • 239897 - 7140 (4)-1.JPG
    239897 - 7140 (4)-1.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 2,013
  • 239897 - 7140 (5)-1.JPG
    239897 - 7140 (5)-1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,990
While my heart silently pines away for the India Knot (sigh...), I stumbled upon this new limited edition, country-inspired BV gem today and thought I'd share to all. I kinda like the leather and lining color combo... The article is in Italian but I added an English version below (transcribed from Sflilate)

http://www.trendandthecity.it/2010/03/08/bottega-veneta-e-la-clutch-mosca-limited-edition/

Bottega Veneta announced a new, limited edition handbag inspired by Russian tradition and available only at its Tretjakovskiy Proezd store in Moscow. The handbag is a generously sized clutch based on an archival Bottega Veneta design first shown in 1993 and reintroduced for the Spring-Summer 2010 collection. It will be produced in an edition of 30 and introduced in the Tretjakovskiy Proezd boutique in March.

The Moscow clutch is made of intrecciato Ayers snakeskin in a vivid green malachite hue. A lining of deep purple Iris suede contrasts dramatically with the handbag’s exterior. The clutch fastens with an antique gold-finish brass closure inlaid with polished malachite. The handbag’s design and coloring evoke the opulent malachite furniture and interiors of Imperial Russia. The gleam of the delicately textured Ayers, combined with the gilded and inlaid clasp, recall the exquisite panels, objects, and columns crafted during the 19th century by Russia’s famed lapidaries. Balancing storied tradition with contemporary design and impeccable craftsmanship, the Moscow clutch is an elegant and refined reflection of the country that inspired it.

“In the four and a half years since we opened our first store in Russia, we have gained many engaged and loyal customers,” says Creative Director Tomas Maier. “We wanted to make a bag especially for them. It is one of the pleasures of Bottega Veneta’s mode of production that we can design and produce a small number of very special handbags to celebrate a particular place or occasion. The Moscow clutch is such a bag.”

The Moscow clutch will be introduced in March, 2010, at Bottega Veneta’s Tretjakovskiy Proezd boutique. Each handbag will be numbered, with the edition number and boutique name inscribed on a sterling plate on the bag’s interior. The Moscow clutch is currently available for pre-order at the Tretjakovskiy Proezd boutique.

attachment.php

Attachments

• BVM3.jpg
    BVM3.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,993
  • BVM2.jpg
    BVM2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 2,014
  • BVM1.jpg
    BVM1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 2,033
Reactions: jbags07
To celebrate the arrival of Mumbai into Bottega Veneta's 'The Knot: A Retrospective' exhibition, Tomas Maier specially created a limited edition clutch, the Bottega Veneta Knot India. Available exclusively at their boutique at Nariman Point, Mumbai, the clutch is limited to just 26 pieces.

Platino Ossidato signature intrecciato weave that was both embroidered and laser-cut, using a combination of artisanal craftsmanship and modern technology.

The Knot India will be introduced on December 9, 2009, at the Bottega Veneta store at The Galleria at Nariman Point in Mumbai. Each bag will be numbered with the word “India” inscribed on a sterling plate inside the clutch. The Knot India will be available exclusively at the Mumbai store.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php