Clutch with chain (CWC)

calflu

Apr 3, 2012
(I did a search and didn't see anything recent coming up and didn't find a dedicated thread so pls let me know if there is one)

There were many discussions in 14 Spring & Summer thread earlier this year and I am curious to see how they are holding up. I am curious to know particularly about the chain.

I recently have a chance to get a black caviar clutch with chain and have read thru some old posts. I feel even the WOC chains are stronger than CWC chains. Can CWC owners share?

Yeah. Last post I saw was Nov 2013. I searched for all the CWC posts and most of them are under 2014 SS thread.

I guess CWC isn't as popular as WOC and mini. But there were a lot of discussions around 2014 SS and I remember many TPFers said they were going to get CWC for large surface to show off the beautiful colors.

Can anyone who owns CWC chime in? How's the chain holding up?

This was the dedicated thread I used to follow but looks like its been a year since anyone has posted in it.
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/has-anyone-seen-the-new-clutch-in-stores-694113-72.html

I have a CWC I got a couple years ago. The chain is holding up BUT I use mine more as a handheld clutch. If I do use the shoulder strap, I'm mindful not to pack a lot and weigh it down. I do like that the back pocket is large and useful. An amazon kindle fits easily in the back pocket ;)

I have a CWC in black caviar and I love it. You just need to be mindful when deciding to use the bag based on what you planned on carrying with you that day. I usually carry it when I'm only bringing my phone, keys and wallet.

I was very close to buying one before the price rise. They jumped up in price a little bit too much for me now though so I would probably wait, save more and get a classic flap instead now. They are beautiful but quite expensive bearing in mind the chain worries.

I bought a black caviar a couple years ago. I rarely use the chain and mostly use it as an evening clutch. The bag is thin and can look overstuffed very quickly, so I doubt you'll ever carry anything heavy enough to burden the chain.

i bought my first CWC before the price increase.
I was actually waiting for the fuchsia lamb mini but grew weary and tired in waiting.

Saw the CWC patent turquoise and i never regretted it. The huge pop of color is just awesome.

I dont load my bags so i dont have an issue with the weight of the bag on the thin chain. Most days i use it as a clutch and it is sooooo classy. I received many compliments on it.

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 2,242
  • c2.JPG
    c2.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,236
  • c3.JPG
    c3.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,210
Thanks Killerwife and solulu for sharing!

All I want is to load the following items

Card case

Small cosmetic pouch

Sunnies

Some cash

iPhone5

I found it hard to fit 5117 sunny in mini or WOC although some TPFers were able to fit sunnies in mini. But I can't do so with coin purse in there.

I can only fit 4 out of 5 in mini. And if I put 5117 in there, it's usually hard to close with card case also in there.

And I found it possible to put all four of them into CWC! I hope this is not too much for the bag. But I found it a good size. Still, any thoughts and comments welcome!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404708305.439894.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404708292.382393.jpg

Last edited:
No, the strap can't go across body. It is really short. The only position to wear it is short from the shoulder as shown in the turquoise Cwc above (and I note it looks stunning on its owner!).