Clutch with chain (CWC)

I also own the CWC and I love it! I use it to run small errands, dinners, movie dates, school functions for kids and two weddings!
I am very careful not to overload it. The chain is very thin. But, it looks so pretty carried on shoulder or under your arm with chain inside.
It is a great alternative for those who do not want to shell out 5500 + For a classic flap. This is a large surface with the same classic look.
Just be mindful of how you pack and carry as it is not made as an everyday bag but as a clutch.

Reactions: bagaholic1
Hi, bumping this thread for the CWC. Any more thoughts on the chain? I want to get the red lamb and will only use for special occasions, but maybe some daytime (shopping) as well. I want and will use the chain a bit, but will only fit the wallet and lipgloss. Any thoughts for hose who have the bag for a while?

The thread is as thin as woc. [emoji27]

But I think for what you need it's good enough

Hi, bumping this thread for the CWC. Any more thoughts on the chain? I want to get the red lamb and will only use for special occasions, but maybe some daytime (shopping) as well. I want and will use the chain a bit, but will only fit the wallet and lipgloss. Any thoughts for hose who have the bag for a while?

The thread is as thin as woc. [emoji27]

But I think for what you need it's good enough

What do you mean the thread is as thin as WOC? The SA I am working with said that it's not a good bag for shopping because not as convenient! Maybe I will look for a Miss Dior pouch?!?! But the red lamb and silver is the exact combo I want. I wish they had that in medium flap or a mini.

What kind of daytime shopping do you do? Do you plan to make a lot of purchases when you shop? It really depends on your usage. Capacity wise it's fine for the things that you listed, but for a big shopping trip, you will be carrying and securing the bag under your arm with the short chain while you hold shopping bags. It's up to you to decide whether you feel comfortable with it sitting under your arm for the period of time you are shopping for versus going completely hands free with a crossbody or even a shoulder bag with a longer chain. I don't mind the short chain over a bag hitting and swinging over my hip like a m/l worn single strapped.

While the chain is thin, as long as you don't overstuff the bag or put overly heavy things in there, it supports the bare essentials just fine for light usage.

Reactions: bagaholic1
I don't do a lot of shopping, so I guess I won't take this bag when I actually plan to buy a lot. If I have a large shopping bag and this bag, I will just hand held this bag using the chain and carry my shopping bag as well. It's a lot to think about with this bag. I wish they redesign the chain to make it a bit different. Thank you for your input!

What kind of daytime shopping do you do? Do you plan to make a lot of purchases when you shop? It really depends on your usage. Capacity wise it's fine for the things that you listed, but for a big shopping trip, you will be carrying and securing the bag under your arm with the short chain while you hold shopping bags. It's up to you to decide whether you feel comfortable with it sitting under your arm for the period of time you are shopping for versus going completely hands free with a crossbody or even a shoulder bag with a longer chain. I don't mind the short chain over a bag hitting and swinging over my hip like a m/l worn single strapped.

While the chain is thin, as long as you don't overstuff the bag or put overly heavy things in there, it supports the bare essentials just fine for light usage.

The chain strap is as thin as woc literally when you look at them side by side. You can google them on the forum and pics should come up

What do you mean the thread is as thin as WOC? The SA I am working with said that it's not a good bag for shopping because not as convenient! Maybe I will look for a Miss Dior pouch?!?! But the red lamb and silver is the exact combo I want. I wish they had that in medium flap or a mini.

I don't do a lot of shopping, so I guess I won't take this bag when I actually plan to buy a lot. If I have a large shopping bag and this bag, I will just hand held this bag using the chain and carry my shopping bag as well. It's a lot to think about with this bag. I wish they redesign the chain to make it a bit different. Thank you for your input!

No problem! You can definitely hold the chain while carrying some light bags or lightly carry it around or hold it like a regular clutch under your arm. I feel it's great for just running around as a nice change and pretty for special occasions as an alternative to the kisslock version. I have a red and silver version too. Here's an old partial picture of my cwc taken when I first purchased it many seasons ago. The lambskin feels yummy.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1437530874.091656.jpg

Bear in mind that the CWC is just that- a clutch with a chain. I use mine mainly as a clutch w the chains tucked in bc I'm afraid the chain will rub and wear the side of the flap. I love how I can pull out the chain and wear it on my shoulders if I want to be hands free. :love:

Here's my Dark Pink Damsel:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 411
Bear in mind that the CWC is just that- a clutch with a chain. I use mine mainly as a clutch w the chains tucked in bc I'm afraid the chain will rub and wear the side of the flap. I love how I can pull out the chain and wear it on my shoulders if I want to be hands free. :love:

Beautiful color! Now I need to consider this CWC. Anyone seen this design in preloved market? I am considering to start on Preloved for Chanel from now on....

Thank you! Love your CWC! You are right, it is meant to be a clutch when the bag was made! Thank you for your input!