Which clutch?

• Hermes Medor Mini

• BV Elongated Knot

Results are only viewable after voting.

rubysoma

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
Hi everybody,

I've been deliberating on a clutch and have narrowed it down to 2 (I also posted on the Hermes forum):

Option 1: Hermes Medor Clutch
I would be getting it in black with phw, probably the smaller medor.

Pros: I love the edgy yet elegant look. I have a CDC and it's my favorite bracelet/cuff.
Cons: The original looks too big, but sometimes I think the 23cm/mini/pochete looks too small on me. I feel like Goldilocks! Also, my DH hates the look - he hates studs/spikes/things that stick out. He hates my CDC. :blah: He also says, he doesn't think it's a "classic" look and will be dated soon.

Here is a picture of the original sized Medor:
ry%3D400

Here is likely mini action shot:
ry%3D400

Option 2: Bottega Veneta Elongated Knot
I would get this in black with snakeskin trim

Pros: It's elegant and bigger than the classic knot, so I can fit more into it. My DH likes it a lot more than the Medor.
Cons: It's extremely heavy! It feels like 5 lbs when it's empty! I think the croc (seen below) is much lighter, but I nixed the idea as soon as my DH said it looked like a large eyeglass case :shucks:

This is the closest representation to what I'd be getting (here in black satin):
ry%3D400

Here is the croc version:
ry%3D400

Here it is open:
ry%3D400

I'll be trying them both on again soon, but would like opinions too please! :smile: Also, does anyone here have the elongated knot clutch? Do you find it too heavy?

have you played with both IRL? i voted for the ash knot elongated clutch because it is easier to hold in the hand. the medor is beautiful, but i find it bulky to carry in the hand or under the shoulder - even the small - due to shape. the large feels like a football.

the other consideration for you is what you are likely to carry inside? the medor will hold more.

i have played with an elongated clutch and it is not as heavy as the medor. i did not think the croc clutch was as heavy as you experienced. HMMMM

HTHs

the medor is beautiful, but i find it bulky to carry in the hand or under the shoulder - even the small - due to shape. the large feels like a football.

I agree. Although I quite like the look of the Medor, I have carried it for a few special occasions and found it to be quite bulky/awkward. I find the Hermes Kelly Longue/Cut clutches much more user friendly. I have not carried the BV Knot, so no comparison report...

have you played with both IRL? i voted for the ash knot elongated clutch because it is easier to hold in the hand. the medor is beautiful, but i find it bulky to carry in the hand or under the shoulder - even the small - due to shape. the large feels like a football.

the other consideration for you is what you are likely to carry inside? the medor will hold more.

i have played with an elongated clutch and it is not as heavy as the medor. i did not think the croc clutch was as heavy as you experienced. HMMMM

HTHs

I have tried both IRL. When I tried the original size medor I also found it overwhelming on my frame. First time I tried the mini, it was perfect, the second time, I thought it was too small. Weird, right? But they were different colors.

I actually had the opportunity to see the BV elongated clutch about 30 minutes after the medor try-out (the boutiques were close to each other) and was taken aback by how heavy it was (the satin version). I thought it was much heavier than the mini medor. The croc was definitely lighter, but as I mentioned, DH remarked how it looked like a large eyeglass case so I quickly dismissed it.

I would need a clutch to carry a lipstick, blackberry, wallet or card holder, compact, and occasionally a camera - although DH says he'll carry the camera if the occasion arises.

I agree. Although I quite like the look of the Medor, I have carried it for a few special occasions and found it to be quite bulky/awkward. I find the Hermes Kelly Longue/Cut clutches much more user friendly. I have not carried the BV Knot, so no comparison report...

My DH much prefers the Kelly clutches, but something about them looks too delicate for me. I think it's the handle.

SCL do you have the original size medor or the mini? I wonder if the mini is just as awkward to handle. The original was definitely like holding a football.

Have you tried the Jige or the BV envelope clutch (I have one in python)? That might suit your needs better. very easy to carry, lots of lovely color options, and you could fit a small camera inside (i am assuming you are talking about the usual small digital camera?) I attached pix of what i fit in my knot and my envelope clutch for your reference.... and because frankly, i love them.:P

There is also this fun thing. It is light, you could stick everything you wanted here. I think Jburgh may have one in leopard?

http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...73eed463-91ff-48e1-994a-5fc2ce944625&page=all

Attachments

• CIMG1270.JPG
    CIMG1270.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG1272.JPG
    CIMG1272.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 96
  • CIMG1320-1.JPG
    CIMG1320-1.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 90
  • CIMG1317-1.JPG
    CIMG1317-1.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 94
I happen to have bought the BV ash croc in the classic size and love it!!

Personally, I think it is very classy and timeless and stylish in its own way.

The black satin knot is also very classic and elegant.

I happen to have bought the BV ash croc in the classic size and love it!!

Personally, I think it is very classy and timeless and stylish in its own way.

The black satin knot is also very classic and elegant.

How much does the classic knot hold?

I just checked out the BV site and they've updated for the fall/winter collection and there's a new stretch black croc knot :nuts: - I think I'm going to have to check it out!

ash croc elongated knot!!! it's absolutely gorgeous in real life. i checked one out at NM SF and it was to DIE for!

though you are kind of cracking me up with the eyeglass case reference. i never thought of that before. hope i can get it out of my head so that doesn't occur to me every time i see one now :smile:

the elongated knot with ayers trim is tdf..very classy, timeless, and elegant..I find the ash elongated clutch far more sporty, and come to think of it, a bit like a sun glass case..also, won't the ash darken from the oils of the hand over time?