• BV Elongated Knot

Results are only viewable after voting.

rubysoma

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
Hi everybody,

I've been deliberating on a clutch and have narrowed it down to 2:

Option 1: Hermes Medor Clutch
I would be getting it in black with phw, probably the smaller medor.

Pros: I love the edgy yet elegant look. I have a CDC and it's my favorite bracelet/cuff.
Cons: The original looks too big, but sometimes I think the 23cm/mini/pochete looks too small on me. I feel like Goldilocks! Also, my DH hates the look - he hates studs/spikes/things that stick out. He hates my CDC. :blah: He also says, he doesn't think it's a "classic" look and will be dated soon.

Here is a picture of the original sized Medor:
ry%3D400

Here is likely mini action shot:
ry%3D400

Option 2: Bottega Veneta Elongated Knot
I would get this in black with snakeskin trim

Pros: It's elegant and bigger than the classic knot, so I can fit more into it. My DH likes it a lot more than the Medor.
Cons: It's extremely heavy! It feels like 5 lbs when it's empty! I think the croc (seen below) is much lighter, but I nixed the idea as soon as my DH said it looked like a large eyeglass case :shucks:

This is the closest representation to what I'd be getting (here in black satin):
ry%3D400

Here is the croc version:
ry%3D400

Here it is open:
ry%3D400

I'll be trying them both on again soon, but would like opinions too please! :smile:

So funny, I've been contemplating these two too (starting to lean towards the edginess of the mini medor). Can't wait to hear the responses. My dh also likened the small BV knot clutch to an eyeglass case, lol, that killed it for me too.

Wow, I was liking the BV, but the eyeglass comment stopped me dead in my tracks.
Did you absolutely eliminate the Maharani clutch? It is long and elegant and no HW.

Men... LOL.

You could tell your hubby that the medor design was originally from the 70's, and now it's coming back! Personally, in terms of bags, I don't think H would ever go out of style. It might not be the "in-est" thing, so I guess it will not be "out" either. But that's just my opinion.

What is your style? If you are more of an elegant dresser, then I would not go with the medor clutch but personally, I just adore it. Unless you're going to a black tie, I think the medor would pretty much go with anything... The bigger size is a little bit funkier (ie more casual, IMHO), so perhaps the mini would be more versatile (the smaller looks more elegant than the bigger one).

GL and can't wait to see what you decide at the end!

Wow, I was liking the BV, but the eyeglass comment stopped me dead in my tracks.
Did you absolutely eliminate the Maharani clutch? It is long and elegant and no HW.

Actually, it's the hardware that I love about the medor clutch (and also what my DH hates ... but I'm the one wearing it, right? :P However, he's the one who'd be with me :blah:). I also like how it's a bit more structured/rigid than the other clutches, which is what also draws me to the BV.

Hmmmm. . . I really like the Medor. Of course, you ARE asking on the Hermes forum, which may tilt your answers in a certain direction. Did you ask on BV too? The black satin one IS nice; I can't be fair to the croc after reading the eyeglass comment.

Men... LOL.

You could tell your hubby that the medor design was originally from the 70's, and now it's coming back! Personally, in terms of bags, I don't think H would ever go out of style. It might not be the "in-est" thing, so I guess it will not be "out" either. But that's just my opinion.

What is your style? If you are more of an elegant dresser, then I would not go with the medor clutch but personally, I just adore it. Unless you're going to a black tie, I think the medor would pretty much go with anything... The bigger size is a little bit funkier (ie more casual, IMHO), so perhaps the mini would be more versatile (the smaller looks more elegant than the bigger one).

GL and can't wait to see what you decide at the end!

Well, my part of Alaska is very casual, sadly no one seems to dress up for anything. My style is all over the place. Sporty/casual during the day (I tend to be in work out clothes) and simple/elegant at night if going somewhere nice.

Ruby, I love the BV knot clutches, especially in croc, but I prefer the original smaller ones (less eyeglass case looking!). I love the Medor clutch too, probably more than the knot, because of the hardware. My DH is just like yours, does not like the "biker" look. Simple and elegant--Kelly longue/cut.

As xiaoxiao already pointed out, the stud design is actually quite old and falls into the "classic" category theoretically. I am all about wearing what I like to wear...no offense to DH, but, it's just my way. He actually is OK with the studs (I have both the CDC and the Medor pochette). The Kelly longue or cut would be a good compromise. I have a Kelly elan which is in the same family but is not easily findable these days.

men... Lol.

You could tell your hubby that the medor design was originally from the 70's, and now it's coming back! Personally, in terms of bags, i don't think h would ever go out of style. It might not be the "in-est" thing, so i guess it will not be "out" either. But that's just my opinion.

What is your style? If you are more of an elegant dresser, then i would not go with the medor clutch but personally, i just adore it. Unless you're going to a black tie, i think the medor would pretty much go with anything... The bigger size is a little bit funkier (ie more casual, imho), so perhaps the mini would be more versatile (the smaller looks more elegant than the bigger one).

Gl and can't wait to see what you decide at the end!

ita

If I had to choose between only those two, I would choose the Medor. I really don't like the elongated knot, I much prefer the older version.

If I could vote for one not mentioned, I would recommend the original knot or the kelly pochette. I adore both of them. (Dunno if the kp counts as a clutch though, I'm not up on my H terminology, I'm strictly a lurker *L* For now *muahahaha* sorry...tangent..back on task)

I prefer Mini Medor. There're many colours available for the mini medor but I wouldn't use it for day unless if it's the original version. BV Elongated Knot can be used for both day and night. It's more popular than the mini medor at where I live but I believe the trend will soon phased out except for the smaller BV Knot.