Cluny MM Mono vs. Alma B'N'B

Strep2031

O.G.
May 25, 2013
I'm torn between both bags. I went to the boutique to look at both bags and left undecided because I love the look of both. I want a top handle bag in Mono but don't want to fuss with a lot of vachetta. I don't mind the Cluny since it's just the handle which I can replace later if need. For those that own either handbag, what was the pro for you purchasing and do you still love it? I don't have a preference on zip vs. snap for the opening if that helps. And I don't want any other material except the canvas with Monogram.

Reactions: Mcmd11
I'm torn between both bags. I went to the boutique to look at both bags and left undecided because I love the look of both. I want a top handle bag in Mono but don't want to fuss with a lot of vachetta. I don't mind the Cluny since it's just the handle which I can replace later if need. For those that own either handbag, what was the pro for you purchasing and do you still love it? I don't have a preference on zip vs. snap for the opening if that helps. And I don't want any other material except the canvas with Monogram.
I really like the cluny monogram...it's the only mono bag that I am considering right now...as you said only the vachetta handle to worry about plus I love the strap!!

Alma has been there since 1930s. And I don't think they'll ever discontinue the bag.

Cluny was launched in 2015 I believe? For me looks like it got some "inspiration" from the design of the Be Dior bag.

At the end of the day, it matters based on what can fit in and which one you like more. Try put all your stuff in both bags and walk around in the store.

Or post some mod photos so we can give you some suggestions. [emoji1]

I recently bought the cluny mm in mono and LVOE it! I have tried on the alma b'n'b and like it but something about the shape keeps me from buying it. I sort of think it would look better with the corners rounded like the alma and I wonder if the corners will wear easily...I still have it on my list so maybe alma b'n'b owners can let us know...

Reactions: snibor
Thank you all for your input. I'll go into the boutique next week and take a few mods shots and update this thread. I have the Croisette with the top handle and it is surprising a little heavy with just a few items (zippy wallet, pocket organizer, 6 key holder, cell phone, lip balm and a pack of gum). I can't wear the strap crossbody because it's uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so due to the weight. But I love top handle bags. I'm wondering if the two handles on the Alma BNB would make a difference. I guess I'll see when I go back to the boutique. Thanks again.

I, too, was drawn to the Alma B & B, as well as the Cluny MM a little later. I had actually brought the Alma B & B home, and thought it was really pretty, but I was kind of uncomfortable with the look of the corners and the lack of brass feet on the bottom of the bag. I love the Alma and I have a few in different materials and sizes, so I felt that the Alma B & B would really work for me, and I loved the red leather, but again, I really felt like this bag should have feet, and I thought the corners were too awkwardly pointed, so I took it back. I then later saw the Cluny MM and really felt like it was so pretty and such a classic look, especially in the Monogram canvas, it is beautiful. So I got the Cluny MM. :flowers:

I, too, was drawn to the Alma B & B, as well as the Cluny MM a little later. I had actually brought the Alma B & B home, and thought it was really pretty, but I was kind of uncomfortable with the look of the corners and the lack of brass feet on the bottom of the bag. I love the Alma and I have a few in different materials and sizes, so I felt that the Alma B & B would really work for me, and I loved the red leather, but again, I really felt like this bag should have feet, and I thought the corners were too awkwardly pointed, so I took it back. I then later saw the Cluny MM and really felt like it was so pretty and such a classic look, especially in the Monogram canvas, it is beautiful. So I got the Cluny MM. :flowers:

Alma BB now has feet.

IMG_1487215366.886641.jpg

My vote would go for the Cluny. Love the shape and the beautiful strap.

Alma has been there since 1930s. And I don't think they'll ever discontinue the bag.

Cluny was launched in 2015 I believe? For me looks like it got some "inspiration" from the design of the Be Dior bag.

At the end of the day, it matters based on what can fit in and which one you like more. Try put all your stuff in both bags and walk around in the store.

Or post some mod photos so we can give you some suggestions. [emoji1]

You keep talking about the Alma. She's not asking about that bag, she's asking about the Alma B'n'B, which is a newer bag. ;) http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/alma-bnb-monogram-012581