Cluny MM as laptop bag?

ladyfarquaad

May 30, 2014
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a nice bag for work that can hold my laptop. I'd rather buy a "regular" bag than a designated laptop bag because I could always use it as a regular bag as well, which is nice.

I really like the Cluny MM because it's very chic but still professional - I've never seen one in real life and don't live close to an LV boutique, so I'm trying to figure out if it would hold my laptop. The dimensions indicate that it would, but it would be great to hear that from someone who's actually seen it.

I should also say that I want this for my work laptop, which is a standard office issue Dell - quite chunky.

Also if you don't think the Cluny MM works, please tell me bags that you think will - I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks in advance :smile:

I have the Cluny MM and I really don't see this working for a laptop bag. As you said, the Dell might fit the measurements of the Cluny MM, but it's chunky, and I'd worry that the heaviness of the laptop would warp the shape of the bag.

It tapers up top at the flap, so not sure if the laptop would fit at the top or it could interfere with the flap reaching the button snap closure. I feel it's on par with the size of an Alma PM, just rectangular.

If it were a thin laptop, it could work, but with a chunky laptop I think you'd have to try it out. (actually any laptop you'd have to try it out, tbh).

Depending on the dimensions of your laptop, what about the travel bags? For chunky laptops, something with a thick strap or handles to accomodate the weight of it. DBF has the icare for his big work laptop, which doubles as a personal item on the plane.

Thank you all for your responses! Sadly I fear you guys might be right about the tapering top :sad:

I'm definitely liking the idea of using a laptop sleeve in a tote bag, do you all think an epi Neverfull could work? I have the Neverfull GM in DE, and the straps have started to wear out a bit - not sure if this is a standard DE issue or a problem I could potentially have with a heavy laptop in an epi neverfull as well.

It would be great if you guys could also suggest large totes (LV, or any other brand) that could work for this purpose. I need something work appropriate though, so I'd like to avoid monogram :smile:

Thank you so much again!!

Thank you all for your responses! Sadly I fear you guys might be right about the tapering top :sad:

I'm definitely liking the idea of using a laptop sleeve in a tote bag, do you all think an epi Neverfull could work? I have the Neverfull GM in DE, and the straps have started to wear out a bit - not sure if this is a standard DE issue or a problem I could potentially have with a heavy laptop in an epi neverfull as well.

It would be great if you guys could also suggest large totes (LV, or any other brand) that could work for this purpose. I need something work appropriate though, so I'd like to avoid monogram :smile:

Thank you so much again!!

Try the Prada Executive double-zip tote. I have one and I can fit my laptop and iPad and it's worn like iron: looks new after 3 years. Check out the Prada forums for more info, and don't let the quality control issues some purchasers have had turn you off.

For LV a lot of posters use the Montaigne or Neverfull. :smile:

I was in this exact thought process few months ago.... I always used my neverfull MM - while it is cool and I super like it, I was thinking of another alternative if it is out there. My laptop is MacPro 13 inches one, tried Cluny, it doesn't fit; I read online about Retiro NM, the size seems like a good fit until I tried it in store, it won't fit horizontally ! Then tried Montaigne GM, PM won't fit but GM does; but it looks out of proportion on me! Another disappointment! Heard about Brea GM would fit, but I don't like the look of Brea. I also consider about iCare briefly, but somehow feel it is too much a laptop bag, although I think it is pretty cool on Selena Gomez :smile:

Now I am happy with my neverfull again because I realize that, for me, it is the best choice so far :smile: haha!