Clueless husband again requests help!

cliresga

Oct 24, 2007
Two years ago, you all were hugely helpful in my purchasing a Chanel medium classic flap purse for Christmas. It was a huge hit--she still takes it whenever we're going out somewhere nice--and it was fun reaping the rewards of her gratitude!

So...another Christmas approaches. She's been awfully good this year and I contemplated the idea of another purse. So, recommendations please!

Some parameters:
She's classic in style. The Chanel was great, so something recognizably iconic like that would be ideal--a bag she can use for years, rather than something a la minute.

A dressy bag--again, more for going to dinner, party, show. She has the every day bag thing handled pretty well.

I don't think she'd want to go much smaller than the medium chanel.

Help me look good at Christmas! Thanks.

Go to the Celine threads - these bags being discussed are the box and luggage I believe are the names, are very classic in style, IMO and can be worn for years. The shoulder bag is really beautiful; if you think it might be her style. The Luggage style is hand-held and tote-like so maybe that is out, IDK. There are lots of pics. Don't know of course, if she would like these styles

This is my new favorite (but is an established, respected brand) brand. The prices range from less than to similar to some Chanels

Near end of the Celine action pics thread (#123?) is a picture of a beautiful lady going to a cocktail event with her Celine box, for reference to how it can dress up or down

I hope I have got the info right. The expert ladies will correct me if I am wrong...

Last edited:
^^Agree or perhaps check out the Bottega Veneta forum and perhaps you would be interested in an entirely different look? They have gorgeous knot clutches in silk or woven leather that are timeless!

I go for classic also. Have you thought of Prada (they do have some that are classic) or Burberry? I have a couple of each that I've had for years and are still very stylish and classic.

As always, wonderful feedback, but I'd ask for a bit more help. Saying "Prada" or "Burberry" to me is like saying "buy a Mercedes." Which one?

Since purse is a foreign language for me, I'd appreciate any specifics--which Prada, or which Lanvin? Hermes Kelly is specific, but pretty pricey. Just want to be able to consider a few options. You are all great for helping.

Attachments

• Celine_Luggage_Tote1.jpg
    Celine_Luggage_Tote1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 128