Club Galliera!

Cougess...Good thoughts on size issue. I also have the XL Mahina in Bronze. I originally thought it was too large and and because of the gathers it doesn't lay down as close to the body as the Galleria GM. So since your arm is close to the bag and the bag is close to the body...then maybe that takes away from the Mono screaming LV...:shrugs: You think?
Oh what a dilemma...:hysteric:
I was going to take my Mahina back but just couldn't bring myself to do it... Its just such a cool bag..
Oh well what's another Grand or Two??? :tispy: Live it up...Right???

Well finally I am able to post pics of my Galliera PM I got it 4-2-08 the day after it first came out and pre-price increase. I love how comfortable and stylish it is despite it being huge. :tup:
mymeimei02

I just received my Galliera PM from elux this week. I read about someone having issue with the brass rings rubbing blackness on the vachetta. Has anyone found a way to deal with this? I'm afraid to use it!!

Hooray!! She's here! After a little drama with BF wondering why I needed *another* bag all is well. I'm at work now but grabbed some pics before I left! Pardon the baggy scrubs and wet hair (and my daughters messy room!). This is my first LV and I'm totally hooked. What a gorgeous bag! It's so lightweight and fits perfectly on my shoulder. I can't wait to use it (no way was it going to the hospital with me, ewww.) Here are my pics!

LV1.jpg

LV2.jpg

LV3.jpg

LV4.jpg

Thanks for enabling me :heart:

Cougess...Good thoughts on size issue. I also have the XL Mahina in Bronze. I originally thought it was too large and and because of the gathers it doesn't lay down as close to the body as the Galleria GM. So since your arm is close to the bag and the bag is close to the body...then maybe that takes away from the Mono screaming LV...:shrugs: You think?
Oh what a dilemma...:hysteric:
I was going to take my Mahina back but just couldn't bring myself to do it... Its just such a cool bag..
Oh well what's another Grand or Two??? :tispy: Live it up...Right???

Even though it was against my body I still thought the Galleria GM screamed LV ... very loudly. I have the bronze mahina also and the GM seemed bigger. Maybe its because I am self-conscious of all the mono since I work in a law firm where coach is considered high end designer.....:rolleyes:

Cougess... :true:
I know exactly what you're saying. I wouldn't want to carry a big Mono if I worked in a law firm either...Almost seems a little unprofessional. I forgot about how I used to be when I worked...I was very careful about bringing attention to myself. And did get tired of them for a while. It seemed like everybody had a fake Mono and it was a real turn-off...
I haven't seen as much of that lately since they've started cracking down on all the husslers...:police:
And about Coach...My Son's girlfriend wanted Coach everything :yucky:
So I told him I would look it up on TPF to see what the latest was...I haven't looked at Coach in years...So after he bought her matching bag & billfold and charms...She broke-up with him. I was so mad...I told him she must not be all that...if that's all she knows ...Whenever I walk past the Coach store on my way to LV's its always packed. You'd think it was a Hermes' store. :shrugs:

I don't mean to offend those girls who have them... because if I was younger and that's what everybody was into...
I'd been right in there with them...:roflmfao: Just at a different time in my life...

I don't have a Galliera (I'm just drooling in here!) but I do have advice about vachetta. With mine, I did end up waterproofing the vachetta with Apple Garde spray before taking it out because I'm so paranoid. When you first spray it it looks darker, but once it dries there is no change in the new vachetta color. Then I maintain it by cleaning the handles with alcohol free baby wipes if I notice any darkening and following with Apple Leather Conditioner which keeps it from drying out. To me the most important thing is keeping the vachetta moisturized, because old, dry and flaky vachetta looks terrible to me. HTH! :smile:
I have a question-I' ve spoke to several SA's AND THEY SAID LV's are already treated.yOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING-IT WILL PATINA AT ITS OWN WILL. I choose to let nature take its course. But I may be wrong-so we'll see?:confused1:

LABAG...No Worry...

I have bought Louies for years and I've never treated a single piece. One SA told me just to be careful at first until it darkens on its on and then it would take care of itself...I probably have no less than 50 pieces and they have all aged evenly...I mean...I take care of my bags...The air darkens them...Naturally...:yes:

Question for you girls... is there anything I should watch out for when i go pick up my galliera? I've heard about the "uneven colouring" of the golden plate where the area protected by blue film is lighter in colour than the corners. Thanks!!!