CLs to a rick concert

linpaddy

O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
So my DH wants to bring me to a rock concert this week.
Now we have assigned seats (nowhere near the pit) and basically, the venue is decent. I don't think that the crowd would be rowdy either.

I am very excited because we haven't been out for a long time. So I was putting my outfit together (cute halter top, jeans, Prada wristlet) and was debating between my CLs.

I've already decided against anything suede or camel/beige just in case.

However, DH is adamant about me NOT wearing CLs. He suggests jeans and sneakers. And grief, I haven't wore sneakers for a long time not even on weekends!!!

I'm just a little upset because every time we go somewhere nice, DH isn't keen for me to dress up. It's not that he restricts my buying...I have tons of designer dresses in my closet.

I get stir crazy and enjoy going out. DH just wants to cuddle in front of the Tv or go to Big Lots (discount store). So I never get a chance to wear my fancier shoes out!

I was thinking of my Architeks because they've never been anywhere. :crybaby:
Excluding some very short dinner trips, I've never really worn them. And I think that they are HOT and entirely appropriate for a POISON concert!

I've been to concerts with him and honestly, some of them are very sedately. We're talking good seats, away from the pit, and an older crowd. It's not like I'm up front, flashing my boobs.

I've seen women dressed nicely at concerts and I honestly do not want to look like a frump. That's why I buy CLs!!

DH even wants me to wear a regular T shirt, explicitly NOTHING SEXY.

Any ideas how I could persuade him? I would still wear whatever I want but I don't want him to be unhappy all night.

:confused1:

Last edited:
What?!? Why? I don't understand this but guys are guys sometimes. I've been to a few concerts in CLs and they were fine. I've also been to a rowdy UFC match in CLs and they were fine as well. I don't see the problem. Strut your Architeks!!

I think if you want to wear them, go for it! And Architeks are probably the perfect pair - can't get much more rock than black and red leather! As long as they'll be safe from damage, there's no reason to keep them at home!

If you want to wear them, wear them! Besides, it's not like you're going in a dress. Go in a pair of jeans with heels and look hot!

But if you are going to a concert and might be standing up for a long period of time, I'd bring an extra pair of shoes.

I have to tell you I clicked on this thread because I wasn't sure what a 'rick' concert was..I was thinking Rick Springfield maybe? (boy am I dating myself!)

Okay, a Poison concert definitely calls for you to look hot, not frumpy! As long as your not crowd surfing (someone might take your shoes), I say go for it!!

I say if you want to, wear them. I'm not sure why your DH doesn't want you to look sexy? I mean, from what I gather, it's not like you wear bandeau tops and miniskirts, and a little skin is okay, esp. at a Poison concert!

I have to tell you I clicked on this thread because I wasn't sure what a 'rick' concert was..I was thinking Rick Springfield maybe? (boy am I dating myself!)

Okay, a Poison concert definitely calls for you to look hot, not frumpy! As long as your not crowd surfing (someone might take your shoes), I say go for it!!

I edited the rick to ROCK! LOL.

I thought it'll be okay to look a little sexy at a POISON concert, for goodness sake, it's POISON and not like a piano recital at granny's place.

It's a 80s' glam rock band (for those who didn't grow up in my generation) and sexy excess is the main theme. Sure, the fans are old, and the band members are married but it'll still possible to have some fun.

I can't tell you how many times DH have told me to dress down for concerts/events. I've took his advice and ended up BAKED in the desert at the height of summer while everybody around me was wearing a bikini top and and not much else. I was like the sore thumb in a long sleeve black top, jeans, and sneakers! Not to mention my embarrassment when I realized that I shouldn't have dressed down for a Christmas party when everybody else was dressed to the nines. I was so mad at DH.

I don't know why he's so fussed about me dressing up. It's not like my boobs would be hanging out. Even if they do, these are my boobs.

Here are DH's reasons:
- Heels are painful (********, I can run in them so long as they are not Lapanos)
- People would spill beer (That's why I'm wearing black shoes)
- Why do you want to look sexy (WHY NOT?????)
- Other men would look (???? So what???)

I'm going to compromise and wear a slightly looser short sleeve black top rather than my Pucci scarf as a halter neck.

:graucho: I just told DH my reasons and he's sulking away in a corner listening to old Poison records. Oh, and he's going to take me out to a movie later cos' he knows that I'm annoyed.

I wore my nude architeks last week to take my mom to see Rod Stewart( out door venue seated in covered seating), needless to say, they were very appropriate till it started to DOWNPOUR... they were virtually ruined, sooo water stained I am extremely dissappointed in the leather, it should never had stained like they did, I will be taking them to my shoe guy and see what he can do :sad:... otherwise here are my caternita's on the way to see the dropkick murphy's/ might mighty bosstones !! ...pic to follow

here it is, I have more somewhere, just can't find them :confused1:
2cers0l.jpg

LOL! Other guys will look at you. My DH LOVES when other men look at me and come up to me and try and chat me up. He gets an ego boost that someone, other than he thinks I am sexy. He knows who and where my heart belongs.