CLs for wide feet?

Jun 4, 2006
Hi Ladies, I have been admiring the lovely CL collections you all have in the past 3 weeks. I have also visited Saks, Barneys and the CL boutique to try on some style (I am still trying to remember all those names). However, most of the styles I have tried don't really fit me well.....I normally wear US 7 (size 37) in other brand (chanel in certain styles), though with Marc by Marc Jacobs I have 36.5 in some styles. I guess I am really a 6.5 C (with my Ferragamo). And most of the CL shoes I have tried on (size 37.5 since most CL shoes run small with narrow cut) are so tight in the toe area yet too long that my foot just keep sliding out as I walk.....

With my wider foot I am wondering what kinda style would you suggest me to try on? I am about to give up on CL shoes as they are narrower than other brands....but they are so beautiful!! However, I am not going to give up comfort for the sake of beauty....I am guessing I should try on sling back or mary jane style since these styles have strap(s) to hold my foot so I can pick a larger size without worrying my foot would keep sliding out....

TIA for your advise!

most of the ladies here woud advise you to start with simples since they are a staple piece .i too have a wider foot and some cl styls are cut for the narrower foot..i think you shoud check out the sizing guide for more tips:smile: good luck with your cl hunting!

thanks ladies, I have been reading the sizing guide thread too but sometime I wonder if my feet are even wider than the recommended sizing for an average person.....but I haven't tried on the architek and simple pump yet, will give it a shot next time I go to barneys and saks!

I have the black and red Architeks, they are absolutely gorgeous. I recommend it because I have wider feet too. They fit like a glove and are SO comfortable. Usually I recommend 85mm or 100mm simples to start out with though. They are the most versatile piece in the CL collection, super comfy and very classy. Some people don't like it because it is so simple, but you can't wear fancy, dramatic shoes everywhere, right? ;)

I have the black and red Architeks, they are absolutely gorgeous. I recommend it because I have wider feet too. They fit like a glove and are SO comfortable. Usually I recommend 85mm or 100mm simples to start out with though. They are the most versatile piece in the CL collection, super comfy and very classy. Some people don't like it because it is so simple, but you can't wear fancy, dramatic shoes everywhere, right? ;)

Thanks, I do think the simple pump is a bit too simple, so if I buy the simple pump style I would def. pick a bright color like blue or magenta. But since I am trying to get a pair of black/grey tone shoes I guess the architeks might work better for me. But I will def. try on both styles to see which fit my feet better...

My feet are on the wider side as well. It sounds like we have the same size and problems with CLs. I measured my foot and it is actually a 6.5 in length but I wear 7-7.5 in most shoes and 36.5-37.6 with CLs. You would be surprised at what ends up working with with your feet and not our fellow wide footed sisters.

For example, the Very Prives are fine with my feet, but not for my sister and friend. My friend is a 6-6.5 and she tried on my Very Prives in a 37 and they were too narrow for her. However, she has done okay with the yoyo and pigalle in lower heels. My sister's feet are also on the wide side and vps are too narrow for her as well. She remains a CL virgin.

My recommendations for you would be the simple pump and numero prive or architeks.

i have never bought a pair of CL before
I am currently looking online at a pair of satin very prive
i dont know what size to get because of my wide feet
i am a size 7 in the US
How do those usually fit

You should try a pair in the store if you get a chance. I have wide feet too and the styles all differ in sizing. Generally I have to size up a full size compared to Manolos. Very prives do run pretty narrow too.

I never realized I had wide feet until I tried on my first pair of CL's :confused1: I agree with Aurora...the best thing to do is to try them on in stores since each style will vary. Good luck!

^I think CLs are just really narrow! chunkymunky85, you should check out the sizing thread. Not only do Loubs differ in size between styles, but they differ in size between materials within the same style. You should probably size up 1/2 to a full size, though, especially with wide feet. Around here, though, the rule is that if you find some shoes you love, you find the closest to your size you can and make it work (add inserts, get them stretched, etc.)!

is my only option getting CL stretched or are there any particular styles that are wider this is the only thing keeping me from taking the plunge i wear a US 6.5 or 7 but the width of my foot fit in CL of shoes that no way fit me in length I really want a pair of NP or VP but those seem so narrow