CL's for Office....

BellaShoes

Stronger for it...
O.G.
Oct 14, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I love reading about our fashionista's rockin' Bianca's, Alatdamas, Alti's etc to work... what is your trick to rockin' that height at work? How how is too high for the office?

I would love to wear my Bianca's or AD's to the office but find myself shying away whenever I grab for them in the morning...

I am in a business casual office, have worn all or virtually all of my 100's and 120's to the office but need help getting over the 120 roadblock...

Please share your advice

xo
:flowers:

^^^ Put them on and walk out the door Bella! :P

exactly! just do it once if everyone or anyone makes you uncomfortable then dont do it, it depends how casual your office is i think, if your shoes cause a disturbance i would suggest not doing it but if your office is casual then why not? slip em on and strut it out bella!! =)

Hey Bella! I think a great way of wearing the Bianca to work (since it's such a high and "sexy" shoe is pairing it with a great pair of pants and a crisp blouse.
I have the Moulage and i would definitely wear it to work that way!

Wear those gorgeous shoes! I plan on wearing my new Greisimmos to the office. However, I would say if you are meeting with a client or something of that nature you might opt for a more conservative height. I wore my Pigalle 120s to the office the other day but changed into 100 mm shoes when I went to a hearing in federal court. They're a little too sexy for the courtroom :smile:

Honestly, I think a very high heel is way less inappropriate than what some people throw on to go to work, kwim? How can capri pants be considered appropriate office attire?

No advice, but I know how you feel, Bella. It just really depends on the office environment and what type of job you have. For what I do, I could never wear Biancas, Bananas, Altis, etc.- it would not be appropriate, and my supervisors would most likely not allow it. Even 120 is pushing it. That's why I stick to the 100/110 pumps (Decollete, Clichy, Ron Ron, etc.). Even with these heights, I still get the, "wow, those are high! How do you walk??" comments :rolleyes:

I think elf's idea of long pants is a great way to start bella! Then maybe after you've done it, you just feel more comfortable wearing them to work no matter what else you wear.

Hmmm...I think you should grab some of your higher heels and wear them with trousers or other dress pants and a crisp blouse. I work in advertising, so really anything goes in my office, but I ALWAYS get comments on some of my higher heels. Who cares? If you can rock it, rock it!

I agree with rilo that it depends on the office. I don't think that Biancas or Altis are office-appropriate, but that's based on the culture at my firm. I wore a pair of pants that haven't been hemmed yet on Monday, and since they're way too long I put on my Tribute mary janes under them. I looked in the mirror, then took them off. Even basically completely covered by the pants, I thought they looked inappropriate for work.

The highest heels I wear to work are 120s, with covered platform (VPs and Scissor Girls).

I agree with rilo that it depends on the office. I don't think that Biancas or Altis are office-appropriate, but that's based on the culture at my firm. I wore a pair of pants that haven't been hemmed yet on Monday, and since they're way too long I put on my Tribute mary janes under them. I looked in the mirror, then took them off. Even basically completely covered by the pants, I thought they looked inappropriate for work.

The highest heels I wear to work are 120s, with covered platform (VPs and Scissor Girls).

I would have to agree- I would still not be comfortable wearing 140 or 160 even if they were covered by pants.

I think it's nice to have a "who cares?" attitude about some stuff, but for the majority of workplaces, when it comes to appropriate office attire, I think it's better to err on the side of conservative and save the super high heels for weekends and going out. After all, the attention should be on the great work that you do and not on your fashion choices, and I feel like super high heels may detract from that and/or send the wrong message. JMO though :flowers:

Last edited:
The office environment where I work is very casual. I am wearing my Biancas today and I have worn Differas to work. That said, I still tone down the rest of my outfit to compensate - longer trousers, longer sleeves, etc.

I say that as long as it isn't against policy, wear them and work it. If I had to meet with clients or if my office was professional dress I wouldn't wear anything that high.

Wear those gorgeous shoes! I plan on wearing my new Greisimmos to the office. However, I would say if you are meeting with a client or something of that nature you might opt for a more conservative height. I wore my Pigalle 120s to the office the other day but changed into 100 mm shoes when I went to a hearing in federal court. They're a little too sexy for the courtroom :smile:

Honestly, I think a very high heel is way less inappropriate than what some people throw on to go to work, kwim? How can capri pants be considered appropriate office attire?

Agreed. If I have a meeting with outside consultants or with management above a certain level (or even with someone from another internal team that I haven't worked with previously), I'll skip the CLs (except maybe my Bibilolos) and wear something more conservative.

I am very wary of wearing shoes with a visible platform. I'll wear them on "denim" days sometimes, but I'll almost never wear them on regular dress days and never with skirts.

ETA:

The office environment where I work is very casual. I am wearing my Biancas today and I have worn Differas to work. That said, I still tone down the rest of my outfit to compensate - longer trousers, longer sleeves, etc.

Someone (I think Jet?) said that she has a "one thing" rule with her staff: you can have one sexy/flirty item in your outfit, but the rest should be more conservative to compensate. So, a lacy cami with a dress blazer, knee length skirt, and low heels or a nice tailored dress with higher heels and/or platform. That doesn't work everywhere, but for a lot of offices it's a workable solution.

Last edited: