CLs as everyday casual wear?

RealHouseWife1

The Universe Guru
O.G.
May 23, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I did a search and did not come up with anything useful.

I am new to CL's and to designer shoes in general. I have always been a handbag girl and now that I have a nice bag collection - have decided to build a designer shoe collection.

I am a stay at home mom and justify my handbag purchases because I use them every day and thoroughly enjoy them. I bought my 1st pair of CLs last summer and have worn them twice for special events. Ordered my second pair today.

My question is : Do you guys just save your shoes for special occasions/dates/nights out or wear them on a daily basis? I have young kids and most of my outings are family orientated but I am a pretty fashionably mom living in Houston, TX. Is it okay to wear CLs everyday? Like lunch with other SAHMs, family dinners, etc.

I want to be able to wear them more often and not just store them in my closet. What do you guys do?

I wear them everyday. I treat them like any other shoes I wear regularly. Obviously there are shoes definitely for occasions but otherwise anything is fair game.

I have glitter flat brogues from CL called Fred flats which I wear a lot because they are a more casual type of shoe (apart from the glitter but it lifts my boring outfits). I saw you posted an outfit which was Decoletté? I wear those as a everyday shoe (when they don't hurt!).

If you look in the threads that have outfit ideas or the which CLs are you wearing today thread you will see many women wear their CLs to work / for daytime lunches or functions.

It just depends which CLs you have.

mularice said:
I wear them everyday. I treat them like any other shoes I wear regularly. Obviously there are shoes definitely for occasions but otherwise anything is fair game.

I have glitter flat brogues from CL called Fred flats which I wear a lot because they are a more casual type of shoe (apart from the glitter but it lifts my boring outfits). I saw you posted an outfit which was Decoletté? I wear those as a everyday shoe (when they don't hurt!).

If you look in the threads that have outfit ideas or the which CLs are you wearing today thread you will see many women wear their CLs to work / for daytime lunches or functions.

It just depends which CLs you have.

Thank you that was very helpful! I do have a lot of ladies lunch dates. Can definitely fit them in there then right? I guess I'm trying to justify buying more. LoL.

When i first got my CLs (I actually bought 3 of them all at once), i never wore them out much, only saving them for special occasions like weddings. I didnt even want to wear them out to a bar in case some random person sloshed liquor on them! i had the mentality that they were special and needed to be coddled. that and also because they were so friggin high and they hurt my feet :sad:
it's prob been at least 4 years now. out of those 3 heels, ive worn one pair once, another pair a handful of times.. and the last pair never.
if anything, i treat them like art. i take them out once in a while and look at them and wear them around the house.... and feel really stupid.
i bought my 4th pair the other day. i was aiming for something in the 85mm vicinity because i wanted to actually wear them out. i ended up with 100mm Love Me (the 100mm pair was the only one left on sale). i plan to wear these out often. i feel like the more wear i get out of them, the more worth it they are.
so what i'm basically saying is, i tried the coddling for a few years. now i'm all about wearing them out as much as possible.

lyuen82 said:
When i first got my CLs (I actually bought 3 of them all at once), i never wore them out much, only saving them for special occasions like weddings. I didnt even want to wear them out to a bar in case some random person sloshed liquor on them! i had the mentality that they were special and needed to be coddled. that and also because they were so friggin high and they hurt my feet :sad:
it's prob been at least 4 years now. out of those 3 heels, ive worn one pair once, another pair a handful of times.. and the last pair never.
if anything, i treat them like art. i take them out once in a while and look at them and wear them around the house.... and feel really stupid.
i bought my 4th pair the other day. i was aiming for something in the 85mm vicinity because i wanted to actually wear them out. i ended up with 100mm Love Me (the 100mm pair was the only one left on sale). i plan to wear these out often. i feel like the more wear i get out of them, the more worth it they are.
so what i'm basically saying is, i tried the coddling for a few years. now i'm all about wearing them out as much as possible.

Thanks so much for sharing that! That's exactly what I don't want to do. Mainly because they are so expensive and I can only treat myself to 2 pairs a year. I'm all about the cost of wear so let's just start 2013 with wearing and enjoying all our things!

I agree with you on getting more practical heels even though the higher ones look prettier. Hope the love me's get a lot more wear and use!! Enjoy them all in good health and times.

I have a quite a few designer shoes... So I think it really depends on my mood and type of shoe.

Some of my designer shoes are just like 'whatever shoes' to me... I wear them like normal shoes. Out in the rain, snow, slush...etc. I really don't care.

Whereas other shoes are obviously more delicate eg. exotics, suede, satin...etc. So I will wear them only to special events. I also have a few that I have actually NEVER worn before, but it doesn't mean I don't love them. I still take them out once in a while to admire them.

As for wanting a more practical pair, CL's classics are really beautiful in their lower heel heights of <100. You see a lot of ladies here with very extravagant CLs in their 150s and 160s, but I don't think most people can wear these as everyday shoes. I just don't see that being possible unless you have a driver who drives you everywhere, you don't need to do any groceries or other errands, and never need to walk more than 50 feet... I dunno, maybe I just walk too fast everyday and am running around too much lol.
So I guess for you, if you only have the purpose to dine/lunch with friends, I'm sure most CLs will be fine. Enjoy your shoes!

Last edited:
I'm very petite so I started out collecting CL shoes only in very prives up to lady peeps (120-160). After my first child, I can bearly wear anything over 140's. It's very hard to wear these killer heels as an everyday shoe and plus chase your kid around. Now my everyday shoe is a fifi 100. I absolutely love it and it's still sexy.

I wear CL's almost everyday. I have some that are appropriate for the office, some for casual Friday, flats, and also some that I keep for outtings and others for special occasions.

I guess it depends on the shoes and how they make you feel when you're wearing them.

Happy shoe collecting! :smile:

I really could wear them everyday. I have different styles for different occasions, from casual to dressy. My flats are mainly for all day comfort or as a spare to wear prior to switching out.

I wear them all the time. I'll wear heels to run errands. I work from home 90% of the time, and when I go into the office, it's a home office, but I still dress for it.

Heck, I'll throw on heels to run the kids to school!

I love my shoes, yes I have them on "display", but I also wear them. Especially my CL!!! (And honestly, where I live, I doubt anyone notices anyway)

Wear them! Even around the house. I may or may not have once thrown on a pair of Strassed (DIY) CL heels to vacuum and mop my floors. *ducks*

I wear them all the time. I'll wear heels to run errands. I work from home 90% of the time, and when I go into the office, it's a home office, but I still dress for it.

Heck, I'll throw on heels to run the kids to school!

I love my shoes, yes I have them on "display", but I also wear them. Especially my CL!!! (And honestly, where I live, I doubt anyone notices anyway)

Wear them! Even around the house. I may or may not have once thrown on a pair of Strassed (DIY) CL heels to vacuum and mop my floors. *ducks*

I totally agree with KSGirl!!!

I'm the same and try to wear my CL's for anything and everything...errands and grocery runs included!!!

Enjoy them!!!

I just wore my HPs to Target with my two toddlers to buy lunchbox snacks. Any time I leave the house...I consider wearing CLs. Doesn't always happen but it is never out of the question :P.