Cloud Grey verus Fawn

Jan 22, 2008
Depending on the picture, sometimes fawn looks like it coudl be just a few shades away from some of the cloud greys.

Does anyone have pictures of the two side by side, or have both colors and could do compare them for me? Or compare almond and fawn? Or almond and cloud grey?

I am loving the fawn but debating if I should wait until almond is released to find a more different brown.

I had a cloud grey bag and I see no resemblance between the two shades at all. My cloud grey was a true grey though, I know some pics I have seen of others cloud grey bags look more like cloud tan to me.

But yeah, I see two totally different colors.

Cloud Grey
CloudGrey4.jpg

Fawn
DevoteCloseup.jpg

I guess I should clarify, I have a cloud grey nikki that is almost brown- it looks nothing like the one still searching posted. It looks almost like chocolate to me. It is VERY brown and there is almost no trace of gray. I am worried that the fawn is going to be a little orangey-er but overall not significantly different.

I am really just trying to find a color that is neutral but doesn't look similar to the cloud grey, but I know my cloud grey isn't normal cloud grey... if that makes any sense.

Here is what my cloud grey looks like, mine may even be a little browner:
http://www.shopgoldyn.com/productimages/browse/0924bigbrwnbagA.jpg

I'm not good with colors either, that's why I was hoping someone had a comparison. I guess in the two pictures I posted it seems like my cloud grey is just a dark fawn, but I have no way of knowing.

Yes I found that pic on another part of the forum, I was trying to link back to the post but I guess I did it incorrectly.

I was referring to the devote that is fawn, it looks very similar to my cloud grey but just a few shades lighter!

I'm not good with all the shades and tones and what not, but when I look at the Fawn I don't see orange.

I think the Almond will be a bit orangy. Not sure if that helps.

The almond is very orangey and nothing like fawn. I much prefer the fawn, but I can see why you'd be concerned. I think the cloud grey you have is more of a taupe color, where fawn is a rich beigey type of brown. You'll probably be fine to have both, but perhaps you'll want to wait for one of the other browns coming as there are several.

The almond is very orangey and nothing like fawn. I much prefer the fawn, but I can see why you'd be concerned. I think the cloud grey you have is more of a taupe color, where fawn is a rich beigey type of brown. You'll probably be fine to have both, but perhaps you'll want to wait for one of the other browns coming as there are several.

Yea, I keep looking for pictures of fawn but they all turn out differently. If it is truely a beigey brown I think it'd be fine, but in some pictures it looks suspiciously close to being in the same family of my unique cloud grey bag.

As much as I LOVE my cloud grey, it is a weird color. It is very special and different but it makes it hard to pick a new color because I feel like it looks similar to a lot of the browns/tans/greys.

Fawn is like the color of cardboard. I am looking at a cardboard box and it is very similar in color.. of course it is a lot more beautiful than a cardboard box though!