Clothingline.com sample sale..

Okay. So I've decided that I am not willing to spend $320 total on a bag that I'm not entirely convinced I want over an Ada or Jillian. I also often see the Lena on ebay for less than $300 -dustbag & all. I think I'll use the money I was going to spend on this Kooba on a DVF blouse & Privee boots from Intermix instead (it will cost essentially the same). Sample sales are supposed to provide a bargain that is absolutely unrivaled by any other source - that isn't the case this time around. I still might go to the Theory SSS sample sale in November, even though I buy Theory clothes full price quite often. When is the next official Kooba sample sale?

LKB, thanks for such a great report. It sounds like we didn't miss much and I'm sorry it turned out such a bad experience. I feel sad that you had an awful time and also that people aren't going to get the knock on effect of sample sale bargains on eBay. What a shame. What a horrible lose lose situation. BUT I hope you get pleasure from the bags you decide to keep for yourself and find good homes for the rest.

what bums me out is that the ones held by kooba arent announced in any way unless i am lucky enough to find out about it on here :sad:
I wish i could get on a list somewhere

i was going to go but i didnt know what i wanted THAT badly and of what they had a black devin is the only one i REALLY wanted and i just cant decide if i wanted it so much that i would spend what adds up to about $330? something like that

AND what sucks is ppl who bought for ebay are going to def have a hard time selling stuff after like the 2-3 ppl willing to pay like $400+ for a bag off ebay,,, when sometimes they show up cheaper with discount codes from website
but ppl who bought a bag for $330+ arent going to make any $$ if they sell it cheaper

what a crap situation
i dont think ill be going to that sale :sad:

ITA!!! Question, who gets emails about the Kooba.com sample sales now? Maybe we can ask them how they get informed? The Devin was $325 - after tax maybe $360ish?
The Devins and Elisha are sweet bags - they will definitely sell - and they know it that's why they put it at $325. They are totally trying to get the profit before bags hit ebay. I think it's starting to effect business - this time - after we finished purchasing our bags - there wasn't a long line that led outside - it was empty. They are such fools.:yes:

For all you ladies that were there, that guy with the curly hair and injured hand is an ass. However, there was one lady that was very nice. Anyway, from a business standpoint, that whole trip to N.Y. for the Kooba Sample Sale was a WASTE of money. However, it was still FUN. I got two Black Nicoles, 3 Ink Parkers and 3 Patent Caramel Brookes. For anyone interested in any of these purses, I'm just trying to sell them for what they cost me. So PM me if you are interested!

The purses were $295 + tax= $319.78.

I tried to resist, but after a wretched week at work I had to check out the Kooba sample sale!! Price are much higher as everyone has noted -- they had black pebbled Jessie's for $225 when I got a Jessie at the last sale for $150. That's a 50% increase!!!

I was hoping to get a Stella, but no Stellas. While I was there they got a shipment of new bags, mostly black python Charlie, Ryan, Angie (I think). I got a black python Ryan for $325 and the Charlies were $345. Both are beautiful bags, I had a hard time deciding, but I'm very happy with my Ryan even if it cost more than I liked. The pythons seemed to go pretty quickly, I'm not sure any will be left.

I also got a few bangle bracelets from Pono -- some were $8 and some were $20.

I'm sorry..but this is ridiculous. Kooba's back to school sale - the Ryans were like $200.
I found out the hard way - it's better to wait for Kooba sales.
I won't support them in the future and won't attend their sales as I know the only reason they have increased their prices are b/c they are CRUEL business people.
Next sample sale, watch - the prices will be $325 and up tp $400. Wait and see....everyone's buying up their bags at $325 without hesitation.:tdown::tdown:

Here's an email I just sent to Kooba corporate. I hope this encourages Kooba NOT to go through Clothingline to sell their bags.

The Kooba Sample Sale is getting NEGATIVE reviews from Kooba enthusiasts because of the way Clothingline is handling customers and the high prices. Many people will no longer purchase Kooba if the sale is handled by Clothingline. Here is the link to the Clothingline Sample Sale discussion. http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/clothingline-com-sample-sale-194125-4.html By the way, they instituted a handbag limit and when I asked them why, the manager barked "Would you want someone to come into your store and buy everything?"

Isn't that the point? The Clothingline people are quite rude.

Here's an email I just sent to Kooba corporate. I hope this encourages Kooba NOT to go through Clothingline to sell their bags.

The Kooba Sample Sale is getting NEGATIVE reviews from Kooba enthusiasts because of the way Clothingline is handling customers and the high prices. Many people will no longer purchase Kooba if the sale is handled by Clothingline. Here is the link to the Clothingline Sample Sale discussion. http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/clothingline-com-sample-sale-194125-4.html By the way, they instituted a handbag limit and when I asked them why, the manager barked "Would you want someone to come into your store and buy everything?"

Isn't that the point? The Clothingline people are quite rude.

That is awesome!!! I am so glad that someone did that..:yahoo:

:wtf:i went to this sample sale and have to say that these prices are a bit high. this was my first time to a kooba one and i have to say that it definately was a learning experience. i did my research online before the sale and got there a little bit before 9. there was already a line, but luckily i was towards the beginning of it. once i checked my bag and jacket, courtesy of the very inept and slow wait staff, i rushed to the bag of the floor where the bags we attached to fence like material. basically you picked the type of bag and color you wanted and asked for it. THIS IS THE PART THAT REALLY BUGGED ME.:cursing::boxing::hysteric:. This place was completely disorganized and chaotic. after what seemed like forever, the owner had everyone form one line, thankfully i was near the front of it, and limited people to 2 bags each. i really wanted the black Nicole but it was sold out by the time i got to front. instead i ended up with the Nicole in rose which i have to say is absolutely gorgeous:yahoo::woohoo::graucho:. i think the prices are a bit high for a sample sale eventhough this was my first time at a kooba sale. the wait staff was a bit gruff and snobbish. you'd think after being in business for over 20 years they would know how to properly conduct this but apparently not.

sorry for the long post. they are having one in december for tory burch whihc i will be attending, possibly a littel wiser now. what can i say, i'm a glutton for punishment!

went to the sample sale last week.......went on the first day - which was TUESDAY...walked away empty handed...was very disappointed...got an email from clothingline on Wednesday & they said they were getting new stlyes and new shipments Wed & Thursday...went back on FRIDAY and hit the jackpot...they had the HILARIE which was the one I wanted & I bought 5 others (3 brown PAIGES & 2 more HILARIES) for friends & family!!! the bags were all $295 (plus tax) - which is over 50% off retail!!! They usually have this sale in the spring too! don't miss it!! they won't give out the styles they are going to have, we tried that a few weeks ago! It's just pot luck!

For all you ladies that were there, that guy with the curly hair and injured hand is an ass. However, there was one lady that was very nice. Anyway, from a business standpoint, that whole trip to N.Y. for the Kooba Sample Sale was a WASTE of money. However, it was still FUN. I got two Black Nicoles, 3 Ink Parkers and 3 Patent Caramel Brookes. For anyone interested in any of these purses, I'm just trying to sell them for what they cost me. So PM me if you are interested!

The purses were $295 + tax= $319.78.

I can't figure out how to do a PM :cursing: do you still have any ink Parkers? I would love to get one, I live in biloxi Ms and there is no where close to me that sells any good bags. I have to search the web. I saw Parkers on ebay but not sure if they are authentic. Let me know if you still have one.