Closure Issues

archygirl

Dec 7, 2006
Hi Ladies,
My nude coxinelles arrived this week, and I just got into NJ to see them. I opened the box and when I went to try them on, noticed that the little metal thingy in the buckle (is it the clasp) that goes into the hole in the right shoe is broken. I wanted to wear them tomorrow for Valentine's day event, but has anyone had a buckle repaired, how much does it run, and how long does it take? I want to decide if I am going to keep them or not and need some advice.

If you want to wear them tomorrow, you should get them to a cobbler ASAP. I don't know how difficult this is to repair, but I'm sure it can be done.

i wish i knew too. i was going to give you advice on how to jimmy them (maybe glue on a piece of a saftey pin so you could wear them tomorrow? how ridiculous am i?) but you said you weren't sure you wanted to keep them. is it only this issue that's making you think you might return or something else? i would bring them to a cobbler and see what they say. if it's a quick easy repair maybe have it done and email the seller for a partial refund for the cost of the repair...

thanks jet and hlfinn. I am stuck here at home (my car is in SC and I am in NJ--flew here) so I cannot get out to do anything until tomorrow when DH is off work. I asked if possibly she would do partial if I sent photo of damage to her...but she has avoided responding so far. I really wanted these shoes, not just for tomorrow, so I want to keep them. Seller did say she would reimburse for repair, after I paid and sent copy of receipt. My concern is I may do that, and she won't then pay me for repair.

Savvy on the CL subforum assured me a cobbler can fix them. I just was a bit upset that the damage was not disclosed, and now I may have to wear broken shoes to my Valentine Dance, or wear a different pair.

i would be upset about that too honestly. can you call the closest cobbler you trust and ask them generally how much it would be and how long it would take so at least you would know if you could wear them tomorrow night. i have a feeling it won't be more than 20 dollars but that's my best guess (and is based on nyc pricing).

hlfinn, yes, that is what I have done. I am going to keep them, wear them tomorrow (and bring a spare pair of shoes just in case) and then get them repaired next week.

Just hate when folks are not honest!

That sucks that the seller wasn't honest. I would definitely demand a partial refund and I would also take pictures of the damage ASAP so you have that documented as well.

good idea. i would seriously take a rubber band and see if i can keep them closed by wrapping it around the buckle. then again- i'm a hot mess. lol. good luck! i hope they work for tomorrow! i know how much you were looking forward to wearing them (and what a pretty outfit you have planned!)

good idea. i would seriously take a rubber band and see if i can keep them closed by wrapping it around the buckle. then again- i'm a hot mess. lol. good luck! i hope they work for tomorrow! i know how much you were looking forward to wearing them (and what a pretty outfit you have planned!)

Thanks everyone. The seller has been nice through it all, so I am not all that upset any longer. disappointed, but not upset. I am taking your advice, hlfinn and bringing along devices to keep the shoe on. Will take outfit photos for sure!