Closet cleaning! Help! To sell or not to sell?

Should I sell these?

• Yes

• No

• Keep one: classic city

• Keep one: giant city

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 9, 2016
Hi everyone! I’m trying to minimize my handbag collection. I’m sure most of you know how difficult it is to do. My style has changed, and I only want to keep things that I love and will be used for many years to come.

I have two balenciaga handbags that I haven’t used in years. They used to be my everyday handbags but now they just sit in my closet.

There are a few reasons why I hesitate selling. 1. Because the resale value is horrible. 2. Sentimental reasons (I used to love them!) 3. I’m sure one day they will or something similar will be back on trend.

What do you think? Should I sell them? Keep them? Or keep one and which one?

91E0DB59-E127-481B-AE20-450FF6987405.jpeg38543C79-9390-4FB8-8B1C-B728216774D4.jpeg

Since they're both black, maybe keep one and sell the other?
It's a shame that resale values have tanked (good for a buyer, though!), but it's not doing any good sitting in your closet. The good thing is that if a few years down the line you find yourself getting back into the brand, a black City is fairly easy to come by.

I agree, I don’t think you need two black Bals. I would keep the one with RH, it is lighter and has a tag that is easier to identify in terms of production year. I am trying to downsize my collection as well, Bals take up all the room in my closet :smile:. Good luck to us both!

I would keep the RH, but I am totally biased. Plus, I love the tassels! Like wearing some dangly earrings, a bag with a little swing adds character hehe. Just my opinion!
I second this .. I like the original Moto City style, and while I loved the Part-Time with the Giant HW, on a City?!?! .. I thought it looked kinda weird (IMO)!

Keep them both. They don’t owe you anything and the prices are low right now. Either you will learn to love them again (come ON these are fabulous!!) or, the new designs at B will cause a panic in the market and prices will go up.

I think you’ll regret selling them, myself.

I love the GH but the leather on the classic city looks so good!! I personally would only buy the GH (thats what my heart wants), i have two, recently bought, one from 2011 and the other from 2015 and the leather on 2011 is soooo goood!! Plus the hardware on the classic city will be easier to wear without worrying whether in style or not. I say if ur having doubts, and stated that your style has changed, you probably will not wear either again- but keep one so that there are no regrets later. A balck bag is always easy to wear, especially one with good leather and inconspicuous hardware.

You know what??.. for the time being, I would keep them because since Balenciaga will no longer be making these "classic" City bags, they might just go up in value! I'm already seeing higher prices than before on eBay .. so, just hang in there and see.

Last edited: